Installing Windows Server Essentials Experience On Windows Server 2019

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by RomRipper, Jan 1, 2019.

1. RomRipper

RomRipper MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2007
  2. TheOfficeMaven

TheOfficeMaven MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2008
    The installer simply performs the exact steps that I've outlined within the first comment of the article. Other than sourcing all of the required Essentials files from a new/clean Windows Server 2016 install (which I've clearly listed out within the article), it should be super simple for anyone to install WSEE on Windows Server 2019, and so there should be no real need for an installer to be created/used. Just manually perform the 8 simple steps that I've listed and you're all done. Easy peasy!

3. RomRipper

RomRipper MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2007
    No need other then time and numerous people having issues.
    Take Paypal for a couple bucks and put the 20 meg file on a filelocker site.
    I have no need for your products. However the time savings would be great.

4. TheOfficeMaven

Feb 13, 2008
    #4 TheOfficeMaven, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Thanks for your comments, but I think that I've already done way more than my fair share of the work on this one for the community. If folks don't have any need for my products (which is fine), then they can simply source the Essentials files for themselves and just perform the install manually (which should be super easy for anyone who is adept enough to administer a SOHO server and can follow my step-by-step instructions). Besides that, when you source the files for yourself, you can then be 100% certain that no one has infected your server with a nasty virus, keylogger, ransomware, etc. There's over 1,000 files involved with installing WSEE on Windows Server 2019, and so there's lots of nooks and crannies for some unruly soul to hide their nasties in. Personally, I wouldn't want to run any installer on my server without being able to verify that it came from a very trustworthy source (let alone some installer file downloaded from a random file sharing site), but then again that's just me.

5. scrosler

scrosler MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2011
    I know this is old but your answers in various posts are inane for a person who's website doesn't let you copy and paste. Seriously dude. Just close it down. This is not Geo-Cities form the 90's!

And as soon as someone gave you the idea of selling this "hack" that you "stole" from MS, you certainly did post it for sale. Its not for sale per se, but on your website you get it free when you buy the other non-sense crapware you sell. You are truly a snake oil salesman.

Anways...

6. scrosler

scrosler MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2011
    Ahahah, you even stole MS outlook icon from MS for your website. FAIL!

7. TheOfficeMaven

Feb 13, 2008
    LOL You guys totally bust me up. Guess I touched a nerve eh. If you don't like the way I operate, then figure it all out for yourselves. :rolleyes:

8. neps4u

neps4u MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2010
    any
    any plan to post on github so other people can benefit from this and also help other to edit and update the code

Thanks