Installing Windows Store or Even single UWP App on Server 2019

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by gersjunk, Feb 21, 2021.

1. gersjunk

gersjunk MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    Hi

I'm running a VM with windows server 2019. I wanted to see how well it would run Microsoft Flight Sim. I own the game through the Windows store. Is there any way of getting Windows Store on to Server 2019 or even just the UWP app itself.

Thanks

2. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    #2 vladnil, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gersjunk

gersjunk MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    Thanks

But unfortunately this is not for Windows server.... Appears to only be for Windows 10 LTSB

4. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
    I personally put the store on server 2019 and everything worked. Guys, if you see LTSB, this does not mean that not for the server! Do you know how an ordinary Windows differs from a server?
    A couple of lines in the registry differ!
    The core is the same.
    Read for your practice Mark Russinovich: On Working at Microsoft, Windows Server 2008 Kernel, MinWin vs ServerCore, HyperV.
    At least this!
    Or do not engage in amateur performances if you do not understand.
    I don't understand Linux - I just pay the guys money and they do what I want!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gersjunk

gersjunk MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    "I personally put the store on server 2019 and everything worked'

Maybe so and I appreciate your input... but based on the instructions you gave. It doesn't appear to install like this.

6. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
    I installed the store myself but could not stand it - I deleted it. Recently, Windows annoys just everyone!

7. gersjunk

gersjunk MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    So after getting store installed. No apps download from it. When I click install on any app nothing happens. Where you able to download apps ok? Thanks

8. d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp MDL Addicted

Jan 19, 2017
    Have you got the installed apps to auto update? On my installation, the store apps updater is broken.

9. gersjunk

gersjunk MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    Hi yes.... Apps auto update. Including the store itself. But cant download anything from the store.

10. d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp MDL Addicted

Jan 19, 2017
    Can you send me link to the store package?

11. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
    All applications were downloaded from the web store separately and installed.
    Guys - do not engage in masochism, if you need a store, then put 10

12. gersjunk

gersjunk MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016

Look... it's not about engaging in masochism or whatever you want to call it.

In case you didnt know Most if not all cloud providers only support Windows Server, so it's not about choice if It was I would of course take the easy option and install Windows 10.

The fact is cloud VMs are running Server so it's impossible to install apps from the store. Im just very very surprised more people on here are not looking for a solution also.

And so basically your method is useless. Great Thanks

13. gersjunk

gersjunk MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    I

Hi it's in this thread... check above.

But its useless you cant install anything from it.. .

Some people would neglect to tell you this before hand and come across as all high and mighty

14. Bliblabl8

Bliblabl8 MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2021
    How can I deinstall the store and xbox app? Installation told me succesful, but both apps are crashing when started.

15. maddogster

maddogster MDL Senior Member

Mar 23, 2015
    now just need an updated version for server 2022 as it doesn't work on this

16. mindwarped

mindwarped MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2012
    The point for me and many others is true GPU/PCI passthrough