Installing XP alongside Win7 in dual boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by malokolo, Sep 12, 2011.

1. malokolo

malokolo MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2010
    hi i was trying xp in win7 machine using SATA drivers but constantly getting iastor.sys error up on opening the PC i saw all drives are on SATA no IDE at all.in onother PC vista OS and having HDD on SATA and DVD drive on IDE i sucessfuly installed XP.
    can any give light how to tackle this problem on those types of boards,are these boards becoming common now

2. DesertJerry

DesertJerry MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2010
    You copy the XP SATA drivers to a floppy and use F6 during the XP setup routine to have the drivers installed duing the installation.

3. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    chances are you do not have a floppy drive, so you need to slipstream the sata drivers into your xp install disc. which basically you make an iso image of your disk you are using to install and then use nlite or ryan integrator and slipstream the appropriate driver for you sata drive, whether it's an hdd or disc drive. this should take care of your problems.

4. malokolo

malokolo MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2010
    i have tried using the F6 with external flopy drive connected using USB i also tried slip streaming the drivers using nlite still getting the same error