INSYDE BIOS recovery on Acer Aspire 3810GT

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Arqzarg, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Arqzarg

Arqzarg MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2011
    Ac PowerThen plug in the batteryHold down <Fn> + <Esc>I will share my problem and its solution.
    I moded many laptop BIOS, but for the first time faced with the problem of crash ..))
    When I received Aspire 3810, as usual. But after the flash mod (SLIC 2.1) BIOS Win 7 down with BSOD (error ACPI). Flashing under DOS was an error "Error: FADT not found!" I have read many posts on different forums and everywhere the same: bootabe USB>> rename FILE.FD in [read guide service]. FD>> copy to root usb flash stick>> Fn + Esc, etc. But in no servis guide the desired name for BIOS.FD!!!
    How can most easily be the name of the file for recovery INSYDE BIOS:
    1. download the original BIOS from the manufacturer
    2. extract the archive and find BIOS file xxxxxx.fd (can be xxxxxx.120, xxxxxx.bin, xxxxxx.rom)
    3. run Phoenixtool and choose downloaded BIOS file. Phoenixtool start work and got popup window:

"Recovery Filename Are: [in my case-JM31X64].fd"

4. usb flash stick format in FAT or FAT32
    5. rename the original BIOS file in "JM31X64.fd" and copy to ROOT usb flash stick
    6. Remove battery and Ac Power adapter. When plug in usb flash stick to USB port
    7. Hold down <Fn> + <Esc>
    8. Plug in the Ac Power adapter and press the power button
    9. Wait about 10 secs when release the buttons. the fan should spin up
    10. When the fan is turned off and notebook powered down itself
    11. Then plug in the battery and Ac Power
    12. Done)))

NEVER USE TO MODIFICATION INSYDE BIOS PHOENIXTOOL V.1.83 - IT BRICK YOUR NOTEBOOK!!!