Insyde bios settings

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by bzata, Dec 15, 2012.

1. bzata

bzata MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2012
    Hello

Im new to this forum and new to bioses. So here's the deal, I would like to configure the settings in bios so i could deactivate AHCI to install any OEM. Also enable some overclocking, if available.

The solution for this seems to be the bios modding, or erasing asset, owner services tags (?).

This is why Im asking you guys. So here's my bios: Insyde R104 upgraded to R106
    PackardBell SW35

Thanks for your replies.

Im also looking forward to a way to deal with this by myself so if you know good tutorials for beginners please let me know.

2. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    What do you mean by "deactivate AHCI to install any OEM"?

3. bzata

bzata MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2012
    Thanks for your fast reply.

Well while installing XP on an old laptop (2006), I get a BSOD and it seems that the solution is to deactivate the AHCI in the bios (something occurs between SATA/IDE and AHCI).

4. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Why is that you wish to install Windows XP, an ancient operating system that is already past its end-of-life?

5. bzata

bzata MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2012
    Im not sure I could install something like Windows 7 on it cause it is already laggy with XP so a OS than requires more ressources is not the option :negative:

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    If you are desperate, then integrate SATA drivers.

7. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    What are this computers specs? RAM, HDD, CPU, etc.

8. bzata

bzata MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2012
    @TITO: I tried integrating SATA drivers with a custom XP build using nlite but that didn't work (same BSOD)

@drewb95:
    Model: Packard Bell SW35
    CPU: Intel Celeron M 1.46 Ghz
    Ram: 1 G
    HDD: maxtor PATA 80 Go
    VGA: Radeon Xpress 200M

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    So the cause of BSOD isn't AHCI/SATA; its the custom XP!! And use driverpack base to integrate driverpack mass storage pack ~ much better.

Download fresh MSDN copy & try again.

10. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    A bit of research shows that this computer sometimes came with Windows Vista pre-installed. Anything that can run that bloated mess of an operating system can run Windows 7.

I sincerely recommend you install Windows 7. You'll regret it later if you do not.

11. bzata

bzata MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2012
    Thank you guys for your replies. I'll try your advices but still I would like to know if there's any way to get all that special tricks unlocking settings :p because it's a shame to not get full power out because of an inoperating bios menu. I mean just for the CPU and RAM usages if I could raise their power a little would be awesome.
    Any suggestions on a modded bios that could do the job?

12. bzata

bzata MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2012
    Please is there any solution?