InSyde H2O Bios mod

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by lxxl, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lxxl

lxxl MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2007
  2. Orbiting234

Orbiting234 MDL Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Heh, don't hold your breath. Very very little is known about these InSyde BIOS files and as far as I know, no easy method to mod exist.

While I too would like Vista on my Aspire One, I'm plenty happy with the XP that came with it.

3. sadsac

sadsac MDL Junior Member

Dec 5, 2007
  4. Temp999

Temp999 MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2008
    Have you tried looking at the flas**t options flas**t /? in particular /I:String /LG: ?

I'm guessing you will probably need to find the proper GUID for the logo but hopefully this will give you something to start with.

5. lxxl

lxxl MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2007
    nope there is no echo after type /? ....

6. Temp999

Temp999 MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2008
    The only reason I can think of that would cause it to do that, is if you tried to do something like executing it under Windows, i.e. a DOS box, instead of running it with true DOS.

7. lxxl

lxxl MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2007
    its under pure DOS my friend ;0

8. Temp999

Temp999 MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2008
    Then I don't know what else to suggest. Here's a partial output using the flas**t program from the link you posted earlier.

Attached Files:

• fi.jpg
      fi.jpg
      File size:
      40.5 KB
      Views:
  9. lxxl

lxxl MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2007
    lol so maybe i have old version only ;))

can you post yours ?

10. lxxl

lxxl MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2007
    ohh god, big sorry Temp yes you have 10000% right ;D
    now i take next ASone and under pure DOS + AC power its perfect ;D

sorry mate its my bad :D

11. sadsac

sadsac MDL Junior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    I'm trying to document the contents of the raw (uncompressed) Insyde BIOS for the aspire one. I've learned that some other Acer models have the Insyde BIOS but also ship with Vista and have working slic in the BIOS; the Acer 5315 for example. I've downloaded the 5315 BIOS, but I'd also like to see the xrm-ms file for the 5315. So, I'm looking for the file, or in the alternative, the Vista restore disc set for the 5315.

12. darktiger

darktiger MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2007
    I am looking for a solution also...

13. Raynor

Raynor MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009
    Changing BIOS in laptop Compaq Presario CQ60 151 EM

Hi, i'm new here but i have a problem! My computer had XP on it but when a upgrade my BIOS for the new one the computer shutdown complety and it won't start. Then i went to the bios of the computer and before it was free to install any OS even Windows 95 (too old hum?) and now its blocked and only acepts Windows Vista or higher! I would like to know if someone know how to unblock the BIOS or Downgrade it! Please reply!

I hate Vista but love XP! Please Help!:(

14. Raynor

Raynor MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009

Restoring does not solve my problem and i don't fully understand when you
    talk about 'slic' but i've done everything including remove the clock battery and reseting the BIOS and it seems that nothing happened!

15. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    after bios update, your bios settings maybe changed to default. probably one of the default setting is ACHI enabled(this is for sata hdd which requires a driver for the os in order to detect, vista has got a generic driver so your hdd can be seen by vista during installation.While xp in the other hand does not have this driver, it must be integrated to the cd in order to detect the achi enabled hdd or you must press f6 during installation then point to the direction of the driver usually in floppy or flash disk.

try to look for the settings about achi in your bios and set it to disabled.or make a fresh install of xp then load the achi drivers by pressing f6 during install.

16. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    So are there any tools to mod Insyde bios ? because i want to make my own :cool:

17. UART

UART MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2010
    Modding the Insyde BIOS

I, however managed to extract the BIOS information from the chip itself. It was carefully lifted off of my CQ61-319WM Laptop.

Of course its still encrypted however this is a serial chip. I will place a MAX232 on it's serial bus to see some instructions however, now I'm fooling around with the Neoware's C2 Phoenix BIOS for my boss; a real doosie! I used a G540 Genius to do it, and hairline red coil-wire to wire up. Once Max is up, I'll be able to answer some Q's regarding the chip.
    Right now I've managed to clone it, and currently using the clone to type msg. It works fine! I just need to decrypt it, then map internals...

18. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Lol Lol Lol.....
    I'm telling you a story..this story is as informative as yours:

When I was a child, I asked my mum if I could have an ice cream....she said: "Oh yes my son...here's a vanilla ice....."
    I said: "I don't like vanilla ice!"....She said: Either vanilla or no ice..... I said: "OK!"
    End of story!

When you have extracted the BIOS information from the chip what was about the bios itself..wohoo...cloned...?

Either me or you don't know about BIOS at all...guess who.

And the final question: Have I had the vanilla ice?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...