INSYDEBIOSRECOVERY Lenovo Z400 PLEASE, EMERGENCY!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by starlordcl, Dec 8, 2016.

1. starlordcl

starlordcl MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2016
    #1 starlordcl, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Hi, i hope you are good. My z400 laptop just get bricked when i was flashing a new modded bios.

Its a INsydeh2o Bios.

The filename of the rom its bios.bin and the phoenix tool give me name bios_SLIC.bin and another possible name is VIWZ1.bi?

Im using a 1 gb USB stick formatted as fat32, i tryed all the usb ports with these 3 possible names for the file.

The key combination Fn+B just keep the fans at maximun RPM but the laptop doesn't recognize the USB stick.

i tryed Fn+R too but the same results.

Please my job depends on this laptop. im so sad.

support . lenovo. com/cl/es/downloads/ds035727 Here is the bios, its the same to the lenovo P400, Z500, Z500 touch, Z400 Touch. this is the bios if it helps.

2. starlordcl

starlordcl MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2016
    i hope i can get a solution.

3. R3DHAT

R3DHAT MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2016
    #3 R3DHAT, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    I don't know much about your laptop, but this is the process for InsydeH20 Emergency Recovery:

How to Recover from a Bad Flash or a Bricked BIOS on Lenovo Laptops:

1. ***ONLY IF YOU ARE POSITIVE THAT YOU PROVIDED THE CORRECT LINK TO YOUR BIOS, then download this > mega.nz/#!x8t2wRqT!mAHkATK4U-ppLPfG-UoZ4EIg4vFzs5E6lm7CYF3MTkM < BIOS file

2. Copy this BIOS file to an EMPTY, freshly formatted USB flash drive.

3. Disconnect the AC Power Adapter. And if you can, remove the battery also

4. Insert the USB flash drive into any USB port on your laptop

5. Press and hold the "Windows" key and the "B" key at the same time and do NOT release them

6. While still holding those keys, connect the AC Power Adapter to the computer

7. Press the "Power" button on your laptop

8. When the LED’s turn on, you can release the "Windows" and "B" keys

9. Your laptop will check the flash drive for a BIOS image and may produce a series of beeps. This is normal

**If the computer cannot find the BIOS or if it does not like the flash drive, it will restart itself and check for a recovery image again

10. If everything works out, your laptop should load the BIOS image and prepare itself. This may take a while depending on the BIOS image

11. After loading the BIOS image, your laptop should begin the process of re-flashing itself. While it is flashing the image, it should beep every 2 seconds

12. IF your computer was able you re-flash itself, it will shut itself down after the process is complete. Wait a few seconds after it has powered off to be sure that it is done before removing the flash drive. Your laptop *should* be able to boot normally again when you turn it on

**NOTE: Your computer may take a while to complete the recovery process, so be patient. NEVER remove the USB flash drive if the light is blinking. If you are unsure, wait a few minutes to be absolutely positive that it is not being accessed before you decide to pull it out.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that you are able to fix your laptop, if you haven't done so already