Integrate7 script – automatically slipstream updates and drivers up to 11/2023!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Deleted member 190847, Jan 1, 2019.

Win7 needs Video/VESA BIOS (Int 10h) which is part of CSM, to display boot logo and for its builtin generic VGA driver. But according to --> this <-- , there is working workaround.
    You have to disable generic VGA driver (and use vendor GPU driver) and you will not see boot logo anymore, but according to the above description it works.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    That's the thread were i read this reply by @Carlos Detweiller : https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/tip-windows-7-uefi-install-without-csm.79551/#post-1523084

That's the "some sort of csm" part of my reply:)

2. mdlrs0218

mdlrs0218 MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2019
    Got it. I am indeed using BIOS/MBR boot.

I didn't sit through them every time this has to be my oversight. Good to know it's normal.

I've tried v1.9, v2.0, v2.01 so far. Both version with USB3_AHCI_NVMe and without. No luck.

I thought about it. But not sure if I should just dump bunch of driver folders in or copy over all the files without folder structure.

@wkeller Thanks again for your patience.

3. It doesn' matter.

The script uses command like this:
    Dism /Image:... /Add-Driver /Driver:....\add_these_files_to_Windows\x64 /Recurse

The /Recurse option installs all of the drivers from the folder and all its subfolders.

In other words: it traverses entire directory tree and searches all .inf (installation) files.

PS. In short, every driver consists of:
    .inf - driver installation file
    .sys - the driver itself
    .cat - catalog, digital signature file

4. Lywzc

Lywzc MDL Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    #225 Lywzc, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    @wkeller
    Do I dump all driver files? The GPU driver and some other drivers are quite large.
    And which ISO do you use? I use ja_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_618242.iso

Update1: I can complete installation if I set InstallHotfixes=0, set IncludeNET4=0, set IncludeDX9=0, set ApplyCustPatches=0 and set AddDrivers=0.

5. GPU rather shouldn't be included. It is much safer to install it manually later. It is too big.

You should include small drivers from which you can extract .inf, .sys, .cat files (like: etherhet, wifi, mass storage, USB3, chipset, etc).

Currently I am using Win7_Ult_SP1_Polish_COEM_x32.iso or Win7_Ult_SP1_Polish_COEM_x64.iso.
    But I have been using several other polish and english ISOs, and all worked.

In this scenario the script does absolutely nothing useful except repacking WIMs and ISO.
    If set InstallHotfixes=0, then set IncludeNET4=0, set IncludeDX9=0 are redundant (as they are sub-options of InstallHotfixes)

6. Lywzc

Lywzc MDL Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    @wkeller
    So it seems that set ApplyCustPatches=1 is the culprit. I can enable other options but this will always give me an error.
    I run the cmd from my Windows 10 machine, could it have some relationship to the problem?

7. -=ismail=-

-=ismail=- MDL Member

Jul 25, 2013
    #228 -=ismail=-, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Hi, it can also to do with registry mod. Some time ago the error with components happened to me too while modifying the registry. I modified some areas that was not accessible/disabled/not allowed at the time. It was to do with power settings.

After I loaded the hive into registry and going step by step while navigating manually through Registry I solved it.

I dont know if it related with your problem but I also had issues with Microsoft NVME drivers. Since then I only integrate Samsung NVME drivers along with Samsung device. The MS drivers also not worked with WesternDigital device.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Lywzc

Lywzc MDL Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    set ApplyCustPatches=1 This setting is to apply some registry changes. So this is really the problem. Now is there a solution to this if I want to apply these changes?

9. -=ismail=-

-=ismail=- MDL Member

Jul 25, 2013
    I am not familiar with this script but I could test with the options you mentioned. But I think it'll work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. -=ismail=-

-=ismail=- MDL Member

Jul 25, 2013
    @wkeller
    Kon'nichiwa, (Hello)
    first off all, thank you for your hard work and efforts.

I have one suggestion to begin with, maybe you have to add samsung nvme drivers to your repo. My Samsung 1TB NVMe didn't detected by preinstalled drivers.

11. -=ismail=-

-=ismail=- MDL Member

Jul 25, 2013
    My Japanese Win7 installation on Sata drive was successful.

No issue from creating iso to the end.

12. The only solution is to go to the proper section, between:

ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO ================================================================
    echo Applying custom fixes to image %%i
    ECHO.

and:

ECHO.
    ECHO.
    echo Unmounting Registry of image %%i
    ECHO.

and just edit and remove block of lines. Then you will isolate the culprit.
    Maybe I check it, if you will point me where to download your version of Windows 7 ISO.

I have only tested it on Windows 7 with User Account Control disabled, with full Administrator rights.
    I have no Windows 10 machine currently. Only Windows'es 7 and Linux'es.

I will in December

13. -=ismail=-

-=ismail=- MDL Member

Jul 25, 2013
    @Lywzc

seems you have issue with csm. pls give more info about your system

14. mdlrs0218

mdlrs0218 MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2019
    @wkeller :worthy:
    Finally I get it to work!
    The culprit so simple it makes me sick: I used the wrong Windows 7 ISO DVD.

I used genuine MSDN en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.iso , no good for this purpose I guess. From that point on all error messages are misleading and taking me further and further from truth.
    Eventually I dig out an old Digital River image that I installed successfully before. Sorta last-known-good. With Integrate7_v2_01_USB3_AHCI_NVMe.7z and your method of creating USB stick for legacy BIOS, absolute success. I don't have to include any driver. Just during installation I choose "Drive Options (advanced)" to delete all target disk partitions and return it to "Unallocated Space", then "Next" and it's a smooth drive all the way.

It's people like you makes here a great place. Thanks a bunch.

15. I have just found working circumvent. The solution is to use replace Windows 7 EFI boot manager (on EFI system partition) with Windows 10 one.
    I've posted working solution --> here <--

16. Lywzc

Lywzc MDL Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    @-=ismail=-
    My PC is Lenovo Y480, a 2012 laptop, there are no secure boot or CSM options in BIOS.

17. -=ismail=-

-=ismail=- MDL Member

Jul 25, 2013
    I suggest you to download the script again and run without modification. Just download, copy iso and run. I tested on ultimate refresh (japanese).

18. Lywzc

Lywzc MDL Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    @-=ismail=-
    As I said, I can enable all other options other than set ApplyCustPatches=1. And I have run it without modification. It does not work.
    What iso are you using?