Integrate7 script – automatically slipstream updates and drivers up to 11/2023!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Deleted member 190847, Jan 1, 2019.

1. #21 Deleted member 190847, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2019
    (OP)
    Yes, do not install it.

I know about it. It is Windows Update bug. Some metadata are not properly set up by the hotfix installer, so WU detects it as uninstalled. But it is installed properly.

All included system files are properly updated by the hotfix (I checked it manually and I have done multiple tests).
    And when you try to install KB3172605 manually, it won't install as it is already installed.

So I am confident that it is WU bug, not my.

BTW: However, It is not relevant, as all files included KB3172605 are replaced later by newer updates.

Integrated, see the post below.

I have not included them, because they will give you no benefit. Your Windows 7 will be neither more secure nor more stable nor more functional.

Even if I include them, there will be always a risk that Microsoft will release some new telemetry hotfix or new version of some previous telemetry hotfix. It happened in the past.

The only solution I see, is to read descriptions of updates and hide unnecessary ones (hidden updates will not be installed even with automatic updates on).

BTW: I have added registry setting that sets default Windows Update setting to manual, so you will not get accidentally updates, unless you manually switch it to automatic.

But it is included in every original IE11 installer. If, let's say, you manually install German IE11, the original installer will install both English and German spelling and hyphenation for you.
    So I have done this the same way, as it has been done in original installers.

2. #23 Deleted member 190847, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2019
    (OP)
    Because I am using it on our corporate computers, not on my private one.
    I cannot use Windows ISOs, Updates, etc from uncertain sources or scripts that I don't know what they are doing.

I prefer only open-source tools and binaries only directly from Microsoft.

In practice, it will be a year longer (via Windows 7 Embedded). But it doesn't matter. Most of our corporate computers are Windows 7 licensed and I cannot upgrade them to Windows 8.1.
    And even if I could, I see little benefit from such upgrade. I really don't care about security updates, at least in short term, as they are less important today than people thinks.
    I am installing updates to improve and modernize OS, rather than just for security.

The real issue is software (and hardware) vendors support.

We have upgraded Windows XP to Windows 7 when software vendors stopped support the first one. But we have skipped Vista.
    Now I have plan to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, when software vendors stop support Win7. But I will skip 8.1

So I have plans to optimize Windows 10 rather than 8.1. I have already done this (but manually, no automatic script yet), and it worked as good as well optimized Windows 7.
    No telemetry, no spying, no HDD trashing, no bloatware, no metro apps, no auto-updates.

It is possible to make Windows 10 really good, and I will switch to it in near future.

3. TigTex

TigTex MDL Senior Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Thank you for the update and keeping this tool public and opensource. It's great and I like it over simplix update pack! I'll probably do something similar to it for Windows Vista because there are a lot of computers with vista licenses on my business
    I have some notes that you might like to have a look for future versions.

I've been inspecting the source code and doing some tests on virtual machines and comparing it with whdownloader.
    • Instead of giving an error if dism/imagex/oscdimg are not found and telling to install Windows ADK, you could probably recommend or automatically download those tools with GetWaikTools (by JFX from MSFN board). It's a light command line tool that only downloads a few MBs
    • Just a small cosmetic fix: the IncludeNET4=1 and IncludeDX9=1 shouldn't be a sub-section of ApplyCustPatches=1 because if ApplyCustPatches=0 those patches are still applied
    • On a clean VM, after installing KB2670838 (ie11 requisite), kb3177467 (servicing stack), kb3125574 (update pack) and ie11, the KB3155178 that you list as "missing in cumulatives updates", KB2533623 (as a pre-requisite for ie11), KB2834140 (hotfix) and all .net 3.5 cumulative updates are not listed on windows update nor WHDownloader as required. How do you know that those updates are actually needed? In fact, do you care to explain how do you choose the updates and the installation order? I'm trying to understand that to backport this method to Vista
    Thank you once again for your time. It's a pleasure to learn something new

4. podkaracz

podkaracz MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2017
    @wkeller What piece of software or method do you use to create bootable usb once the updated iso is done?

5. podkaracz

podkaracz MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2017
  6. TigTex

TigTex MDL Senior Member

Oct 5, 2009
  7. zezaku

zezaku MDL Novice

May 20, 2015
    Im having error but cant post image link here i dont have 5 posts yet.
    The error is : Windows cannot find 'C:\users\xxl\Downloads\Integrate7_v1_1d\Integrate7\hotfixes\IE11-Windows6.1-ECHO.exe' and hapens when unpacking hotfixes.

8. wvv000

wvv000 MDL Senior Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Multi-language support?

9. weberio

weberio MDL Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Thank you for your work and sharing, I just used it :)
    These updates that appear to me are those that you comment truth?
    It would be nice to add .net language pack
    Some way to hide them through your script?

Attached Files:

10. zezaku

zezaku MDL Novice

May 20, 2015
    this is the iso im using :

x64
    Part- X17-59186
    en_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676939.iso
    SHA1: 0BCFC54019EA175B1EE51F6D2B207A3D14DD2B58
    ISO/CRC: AD44DB36

11. weberio

weberio MDL Member

Nov 22, 2016
    #40 weberio, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Hi and thank for your script, only have one, why ask?

upload_2019-2-25_10-23-18.png

If I want no install FlashPlayer delete folder InstallFlashPlayer ?

Or put valor in cero
    Code:
    :: - Install latest Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer (ActiveX)
     set InstallFlashAX=0
    :: - Install latest Adobe Flash Player for Firefox (NPAPI)
     set InstallFlashNP=0
    :: - Install latest Adobe Flash Player for Opera (PPAPI)
     set InstallFlashPP=0