Integrate7 script – automatically slipstream updates and drivers up to 11/2023!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Deleted member 190847, Jan 1, 2019.

1. CaptainSpeleo

CaptainSpeleo MDL Addicted

May 24, 2020
  2. There may be some minor updates and there may be version with POSReady 7 updates.
    It is hard to say at this time.

3. CaptainSpeleo

May 24, 2020
    Okay, good, thanks.

4. E Fudd

E Fudd MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2023
    #644 E Fudd, Jan 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    HI, I just made Intergrate7 v4.01 and it created the iso ok. I am trying to install the image on VmWare Vritural Machine, in VmWare I set Memory to 8gig and set for 2 processors and 2 cores. VmWare is running on Windows 7 x64 with 16 gig of Memory, it's using AMD Phenom(tm) X4 965 Processor 3.40 Ghz. The VmWare Virtual Machine is hung up on the install with the screen saying "Windows is finalizing your setting". I've created VmWare Virtual Machines with Simplix Pack "UP7Integrator" before with no problem.

Any suggestions on what is going on?

Opps, I used SW_DVD5_SA_Win_Ent_7w_SP1_32BIT_English_MLF_X17-27617.ISO and SW_DVD5_SA_Win_Ent_7w_SP1_64BIT_English_MLF_X17-27625.ISO that's not the one's listed on Page 1 Win7_Ult_SP1_English_COEM_x32.iso and Win7_Ult_SP1_English_COEM_x64.iso, maybe that's my problem.​

5. #645 Deleted member 190847, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2023
    (OP)
    Are you sure it was hung up or you just didn't wait enough time?
    On this step .NET Framework 4.8 is installed and it takes time.

6. CaptainSpeleo

May 24, 2020
    wkeller is correct.
    The Windows is finalizing your settings screen may remain there for several minutes.

7. E Fudd

E Fudd MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2023
    #647 E Fudd, Jan 29, 2023
    But an an hour and half?

I downloaded other Iso so I will try them today, and yes maybe I did not wait long enough for .Net to install, I always installed .Net after Virtual Machine was up and running.

I will give it another try for sure today and wait for longer to see if it makes it to the log in screen.

Thanks

8. E Fudd

E Fudd MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2023
    #648 E Fudd, Jan 29, 2023
    I found the problem with my VmWare virtual machine after creating Iso.

I checked my created Iso and found "ndp48-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe" and "ndp48-kb5020879-x64.exe" to be "zero byte"size.
    In "hotfixes" folder I found 104 files that where "zero byte" size and "ndp48-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe" and "ndp48-kb5020879-x64.exe" happen to be 2 of them.

So i created a new "Integrate7_v4_01_USB3_AHCI_NVMe_1-29-23\Integrate7" Folder and ran "PreDownloadAllUpdates.cmd" on new folder,
    after it was done I checked the "hotfixes" folder and found no "zero byte" files this time and then ran "Integrate7.cmd".

My Host OS is Windows 7 x64 with 16gig memory with "ASUS M4A87TD EVO" motherboard with AMD Phenom(tm) X4 965 Processor 3.40 Ghz with VmWare Workstation 11.1.4
    What caught my attention on bad Iso file was Host Task Manager was not showing no usage while showing "finalizing" on virtual machine.

When created new VmWare Machine with the Iso with no "zero byte" files in the "hotfixes" folder it only takes 18 minutes to create the new Virtual Machine.

Note: I set the new virtual Machine to use "Number of Processors = 2" and "Number of cores per processor = 2" and Memory at 8gb for install.

The "SW_DVD5_SA_Win_Ent_7w_SP1_64BIT_English_MLF_X17-27625.ISO" iso works with "Integrate7.cmd" so now off to make the new "Integrate7_v4_01_USB3_AHCI_NVMe" image with "SW_DVD5_SA_Win_Ent_7w_SP1_32BIT_English_MLF_X17-27617.ISO"

I guess always check "hotfixes" folder for no "zero byte" files 1st.

Thanks for this wonderful script.

9. #649 Deleted member 190847, Jan 30, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2023
    (OP)
    Surely yes. If you have zero byte hotfix it means that download error has occurred.

Anyway, when the Windows is finalizing your settings screen is displayed, DVD\sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\Scripts\SetupComplete.cmd is running.
    You can always remove the script and run it manually after installation with the same effect.
    It installs DitectX June 2010 update, .NET Framework 4.8 and latest cumulative update for .NET Framework.

By the way, I always recommend to run c:\Windows\ngen.cmd on a live system just after installation.
    It runs following commands and thus speed-up the system for later usage:

Code:
    "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ngen.exe" executeQueuedItems
    "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\ngen.exe" executeQueuedItems
    "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe" executeQueuedItems
    "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe" executeQueuedItems

10. E Fudd

E Fudd MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2023
    I added "c:\Windows\ngen.cmd" to my clean install script on my VM and it ran ok.

I see that "Action Center" in the control panel is not there in new install, I always had to turn off the alerts on it so that's good.

I did notice "Create a Restore Point" is now gone on new install, some of "My Spyware Tools" (adwcleaner.exe, JRT.exe, mbar.exe) want to "Create a Restore Point" when they start up (example: JRT.exe) so I guess we don't have that option anymore, maybe that's good or bad I don't know.

But I do have a Clean update Windows 7 VM with up to Jan 2023 updates now for sure.

Many Thanks

11. CaptainSpeleo

May 24, 2020
    When I do a clean install of Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit (has USB3 drivers and DAZ loader) and it reaches Windows is finalizing your settings, it does not deploy DAZ loader and activate it.

I am pretty sure it worked okay in Integrate7-v4.00, but it does not seem to work in Integrate7-v4.01, so I need to manually run Windows Loader.exe afterwards to activate it.

Was there a change made in SetupComplete.cmd, or am I missing something, or is there some other reason?

Capture2.JPG

12. #652 Deleted member 190847, Jan 31, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2023
    (OP)
    I treat it as a bloatware. It has zero usability, it is just annoying, so I removed it.

It is disabled by default. You can reenable it by modifying Integrate7.cmd and changing set RemoveSR=1 to set RemoveSR=0
    But I do not recommend. Use professional software like Windows PE + Symantec Ghost or Clonezilla, that are way better and more reliable.

By the way, System Restore could be security risk. If you have infected system, viruses could be preserved in your restore points and thus become unremovable.

13. Changes from 4.00 to 4.01 are minor. Only updated boot loaders and some registry settings (ie. Chromium based browsers EOL warnings are now disabled).
    I have never used Windows DAZ Loader to auto-activate only for manual activation.

If you want to automatically activate your OS during installation, there is much simpler solution (see attachment).
    Just replace OEM.xrm-ms with your certificate
    and edit OOBE.CMD to replace
    cscript %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs -ipk
    line with your key.

Attached Files:

14. ThaCrip

ThaCrip MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2017
    #654 ThaCrip, Feb 2, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    Thanks. I recently used this to create a Jan 2023 ISO (Win 7 x64 Pro) for a old computer I had since March 2006 (ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard. BIOS v1405. this computer cannot use anything newer than Win7 (as far as Microsoft OS's go) as Win10 64bit won't install due to lack of nx-bit and Win10 32bit installs but is unstable) as I installed Win7 to a 80GB HDD (IDE) (I am pretty sure this hard drive is either from 2003 or 2004) and installed Linux Mint 21.1-Xfce to the SSD (Intel 545s 128GB SSD). so I can use Mint in general (Mint's grub menu sees the Win7 installation on 80GB HDD so it's easy to select what I want to boot), but for a couple of games and one piece of old software that requires Win 7 (Zune software for a Zune 30GB MP3 player only works on Win7. I generally don't use this but it's nice to have on the rare occasion ill want to update music on the Zune 30GB) ill use Win7 since the couple of games I play don't have proper driver support on Linux as the frame rate is horrible (but those same games I setup on this work fine on Linux Mint on my main PC but that has proper modern driver support etc) where as on Windows 7 things basically work as expected since I installed the proper driver for Radeon 5670 512MB.

anyways, I noticed after clean installs it always finds errors and automatically corrects them when I run 'sfc /scannow' after installation. but seems okay after this. my guess this is not a big deal as I don't notice any obvious issues. does anyone else experience this? ; it does this consistently after a clean install on that computer but seems okay after that. I am installing Win7 from a bootable USB stick created with Ventoy (which is also what I used to install Linux Mint on the same computer) which I just copy the ISO file to the USB stick and boot to it, select the ISO and install the OS as usual.

but after I tweak things a little (thanks to your Integrate7 script I ain't got to tweak much) and get it going I then make a image with Clonezilla making sure to select the option to remove the swap/hibernation files when imaging Win7 which makes image file quite a bit smaller (I also run 'powercfg /hibernate off' on Win7 itself which frees up 3GB of space on Win7 straight up since it gets rid of the hibernation file).

p.s. I setup a Win10 VM (QEMU/KVM VM basically) on Linux Mint and through there I ran the Integrate7 script to make the Jan 2023 Win7 ISO, from the usual official Win7 SP1 x64 Pro ISO.

15. Integrate7 is very mature script and I am very confident that it is rock solid (tested on dozens different software/hardware configurations). It should not find any error after installation, it should work like a charm.
    If you have problems, you could have drivers/hardware issues for example. It is always the best solution to use OS and hardware from similar time frame. I you have very old hardware use WinXP, if you have very new, use Win10.
    Another possible issue is that sometimes people run the script on restricted OSes (eg. antiviruses could block the script from working as it needs elevated level of privileges which antiviruses blocks).

PS.Anyway I am focusing now on Integrate10 (or rather Slimdown10), so there will be little new updates to Integrate7.

16. CaptainSpeleo

May 24, 2020
    Integrate7 has proved to be invaluable to me during the past few years.
    It has worked fine during almost every clean install of Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit that I have made.
    I, for one, appreciate very much all of your hard work.
    Good luck on your quest to do the same with Windows 10.
    :)

17. ThaCrip

ThaCrip MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2017
    Yeah, as far as I can tell the basic Win7 install etc has no obvious problems (i.e. things seem to work okay as your script seems fine as far as I can tell). it's just shortly after the basic clean installation, like once I get to the desktop and can use the computer, if I go to command prompt and run 'sfc /scannow' it will always find errors initially, but automatically corrects them, then I reboot and there are no more issues with the 'sfc /scannow' after that.

but come to think of it... I should probably test the 'official' Win7 x64 Pro SP1 ISO (the one I used with the Integrate7 script so it could created the updated Jan 2023 ISO) just to see if it reacts the same way as the updated ISO your Integrate7 script creates does. because if so, at least it's probably just some weird issue on that setup with Win7 in general. but like I say, I don't see any obvious issues using Win7 as things appear to be okay with general use.

p.s. I am not sure if that 'sfc /scannow' issue would occur on other machines I have or not (which are all hardware after Win7's release) but it's the only one I want to install Win7 to as a backup to my general use OS of Linux Mint as the primary OS.

Well Windows 7 is released in 2009. I bought my ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard in March 2006 (this motherboard cannot use anything newer than Win7 as far as Windows goes as like I mentioned before Win10 64bit refuses to install due to lack of nx-bit and Win10 32bit will install but it's unstable/ultimately not usable, but Win7 is okay). it's basically high end 2005 motherboard tech. so while one could say it was released more in the WinXP era (WinXP was released in 2001) I was using Windows 7 on that computer in the past as my primary PC as I stopped using that setup as my primary PC in May 2012. but I did not have any obvious issues with it back then from what I recall.

p.s. but like I mentioned, I don't see any obvious problems. it's just the 'sfc /scannow' always finds errors and automatically corrects them shortly after a clean installation on that motherboard. but after rebooting and installing my GPU driver etc, I run that 'sfc /scannow' again and there are no errors found.

Yeah, now that you mention that... when I was playing with the Integrate7 script through a Windows 10 (using newest ISO of this) virtual machine (which is how I ran your Integrate7 script to make the updated Jan 2023 Win7 ISO and used a official Win7 SP1 x64 Pro ISO) it did block a certain file related to your script data (as you could see Windows Defender thought something was a virus etc). but at that point to make sure nothing was out of whack I disabled the anti-virus (the default one with Win10), then deleted your script folder and re-extracted it from the 7z file fresh (so everything is as it should be once again). then ran it, so there should be no problem here at the end of the day.

18. I am working hard day by day, but the effect will be wonderful.
    Modded Windows 10 looks and behaves like Windows 7 with same privacy level, but with support for modern hardware/software.

19. E Fudd

E Fudd MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2023
    Forgive My ignorance about this as I am not familiar with the use ngen.exe,

I ran the code below on on New Vm I created with Integrate7

"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ngen.exe" executeQueuedItems
    "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\ngen.exe" executeQueuedItems
    "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe" executeQueuedItems
    "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe" executeQueuedItems

Well I got to thinking so I created an Old Simplex update with no addons Vm and ran the same command above on it,
    on both Vms I made when I ran the code it showed it was "compiling" the code.

This being new to me I thought it was just a command to use with Intergrate7,
    so I guess this code can be ran om any new created Vm after install, am I thinking correctly about this?

20. #660 Deleted member 190847, Feb 15, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2023
    (OP)
    As I have promised Slimdown10 – turn Windows 10 22H2 into classic/legacy Windows

If you like my Integrate7, I think you will like my Slimdown10 because it's even better.