Integrate7 script – automatically slipstream updates and drivers up to 11/2023!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Deleted member 190847, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Surely setupcomplete.cmd.
    You should use wusa command, eg:
    Code:
    copy /b /y "%~dp0hotfixes\ndp48-kb5020621-%ImageArchitecture%.exe" "%~dp0DVD\Updates" >nul 2>&1
    copy /b /y "%~dp0hotfixes\Win7AndW2K8R2-KB3191566-%ImageArchitecture%.msu" "%~dp0DVD\Updates" >nul 2>&1
    echo start /w "" "%%CDROM%%\Updates\ndp48-kb5020621-%ImageArchitecture%.exe" /q /norestart>>"%~dp0DVD\sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\Scripts\SetupComplete.cmd"
    echo start /w "" wusa "%%CDROM%%\Updates\Win7AndW2K8R2-KB3191566-%ImageArchitecture%.msu" /quiet /norestart>>"%~dp0DVD\sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\Scripts\SetupComplete.cmd"

should work.

2. Yes, my idea was to create CLEAN OS, not all-in-one garbage.
    I have integrated only things that are absolutely necessary (ie. hotfixes, generic drivers). Without generic drives the OS wouldn't be installable at all, as it is imposible to install or boot Windows 7 on modern systems without integrated USB3 drivers and disk controller drivers.
    Any other drivers could be installed later, so there is no need to integrate them.

The only exception is video driver on modern UEFI class 3 machines, as described --> here <--. because Windows 7 does not contain generic UEFI GOP video driver (ie. Microsoft Basic Display Driver, which is available on Windows 8 and later).
    On these systems integrating video driver is necessary or you will have blank screen during and after install.

Telemetry and bloatware are also removed, because I am sure that almost nobody on the earth needs spies in their systems.

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    What makes an AIO ISO "garbage" or not CLEAN?

4. Chuterix

Chuterix MDL Senior Member

Apr 18, 2022
    probably thinking about people in the "scene" (not here) who randomly post aio isos or probably doesn't want every version of windows stacked

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I believe i asked @wkeller :thinking:

And what is wrong with selecting the desired SKU from a list of available SKUs?

6. Chuterix

Chuterix MDL Senior Member

Apr 18, 2022
    i was saying what the op thinks, also again some people don't like all in one images if you choose multiple skus (because those isos are mostly cracked)
    even though the vanilla iso is also semi-aio but with ei.cfg but the real iso has absolutely 0 cracks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. I cannot believe that I have to explain such things.

Let's take some examples.

1. Some time ago, heavily modified Windows was very popular in my country. Entire UI has been changed.
    And it worked, but after updates were installed entire UI became messed up and inconsistent (half of UI were Microsoft original and half of UI were custom-made).

2. Some time ago, I downloaded modified Win10. But something were broke and driver updating from WU were not working and several other things.

3. Some people integrate unnecessary third party tools or drivers which are conflicting each other (I experienced drivers conflicts and it isn't just theory).

4. Some people makes poorly tested modifications which brakes OS consistency.

etc, etc. over-modifications which I am trying to avoid.

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #609 Enthousiast, Nov 24, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    @wkeller so you mean bad homebrew releases, this crap (i agree) doesn't have to be AIO, most win 7 releases in my country were single SKU (Ultimate) releases with all kinds of unattended modifications.

That triggered me to create uptodate (clean) AIO releases and later with MRP so everybody can do their own desired tweaks.

9. User4713

User4713 MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2015
    hi need help my m.2 ssd showing in BIOS, but not with the baked ISO ?!? Do i have to put drivers in folder? thank you
    i tried IDE and AHCI not working both.

10. tro511

tro511 MDL Member

Dec 9, 2019
    #611 tro511, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    This thread/topic, in my opinion, should be pinned.

Eh, I guess 'stickied' is the correct term.

11. do you remember my last suggestions some days ago for which you said bla bla bla to me . now say did you succeed in installation of win7 on your hardware ?

12. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    On what hardware is that? Motherboard and SSD models.
    Neither SATA controller modes have anything to do with an M.2 SSD, if it's an NVMe one. Since you're having problems detecting it under windows 7 installer, I imagine it's NVMe.

13. #614 Deleted member 190847, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2022
    (OP)
    The script integrates Microsoft generic NVMe drivers, so any controller should work work after installation.
    BUT! Official Microsoft generic NVMe drivers for Win7 cannot be integrated to installer (ie. to boot.wim file). They simply don't work, because Microsoft has f**ked up something with them
    So vendors specific NVMe drivers are integrated to installer, instead of generic ones.

This could cause issues however. If integrated vendor specific NVMe drivers doesn't cover your hardware, you will be unable to install Windows 7 on your machine.
    The solution is to add your drivers to installer manually (see add_these_drivers_to_Installer folder) or use Win10 installer instead - as described here.

Alternatively, you could remove all NVMe drivers and try these generic drivers (backported from Win8) instead.

PS. Windows 7 supports IDE and AHCI out of the box, without any additional drivers needed. Only Intel Rapid Storage Technology, RAID, NVMe, etc require additional drivers.
    AHCI could require vendor specific drivers however, if you want more efficient power management on some laptops.

14. LegendaryGamer

LegendaryGamer MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2022
    The method I’m using is the one; without the use of CSM.
    I’m currently trying this method of installing Windows 7, since the original method will not work.
    Here are my system specs; Ryzen 7 3700X; RX 6650XT, ASUS ROG STRIX B550 - F GAMING.
    My reason for those who are curious as to why I am even installing such an old OS is to just explore/goof-around.

15. LegendaryGamer

LegendaryGamer MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2022
    The Error that I’m getting states this: “Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install windows, restart the installation.”

16. Gloeyisk

Gloeyisk MDL Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Where I can put any programs (.exe) that I want to integrate within the OS?

17. raiderman

raiderman MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2007
    That "old" OS is probably the best product ever produced from the Redmond Morons. That "old" OS is superior in every way to anything produced after it. It is more customizable, less invasive, better looking, and all around faster than the crap produced after it. So enjoy your exploring/goofing around.

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    And now it can't even service itself properly.