Integrate7 script – automatically slipstream updates and drivers up to 11/2023!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Deleted member 190847, Jan 1, 2019.

1. zezaku

zezaku MDL Novice

May 20, 2015
  2. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Maybe you need to start using shorter folder paths like "C:\Integrate7\..." . Might not be the solution for your problem, but it's a good practice in general.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TigTex

TigTex MDL Senior Member

Oct 5, 2009
    the script is failing to detect %ImageArchitecture%-%ImageLanguage% . What image are you trying to update? x64 en-us?
    Also try to launch cmd as admin and "cd" into "c:\users\yourname\downloads\integrate7_v1_1f\integrate7\" and run integrate7.cmd instead of double clicking it

4. weberio

weberio MDL Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Hello, for the new updates of March is necesary new version?

5. podkaracz

podkaracz MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2017
    What do you guys use to unblock updates on windows 7 kaby lake? ( zeffy or wuacpufix ) or is there something better ?

6. zezaku

zezaku MDL Novice

May 20, 2015
    I changed path but still same error.It worked fine with older versions.

7. TigTex

TigTex MDL Senior Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Yes. Every time there's a new update, this script needs to be updated. The script will always work, but it won't create an image with all the latest updates.

8. weberio

weberio MDL Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Some doubts:

1.- Delete unusable updates from the hotfixes folder ?
    2.- If I have a previous install.wim do you update it?

Thank you for your work and this fabulous script :)

9. toby0897

toby0897 MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2014
    this could be my iso but it gives me this error message when i attempt to run the script

Code:
    ===============================================================================
    Unpacking ISO/DVD image: "en_windows_server_2008_r2_with_sp1_x64_dvd_617601.iso" to DVD directory...
    ===============================================================================

7-Zip 18.06 (x64) : Copyright (c) 1999-2018 Igor Pavlov : 2018-12-30

Scanning the drive for archives:
    1 file, 3166584832 bytes (3020 MiB)

Extracting archive: C:\Integrate7\en_windows_server_2008_r2_with_sp1_x64_dvd_617601.iso
    --
    Path = C:\Integrate7\en_windows_server_2008_r2_with_sp1_x64_dvd_617601.iso
    Type = Udf
    Physical Size = 3166584832
    Comment = GRMSXFRER_EN_DVD
    Cluster Size = 2048
    Created = 2010-11-21 23:33:02

Everything is Ok

Folders: 327
    Files: 997
    Size:       3189780291
    Compressed: 3166584832

================================================================
    This script supports only original Windows 7 images!

Mixed images with multiple OSes, multiple langauges
    or multiple architectures are not supported!
    ================================================================

would it be better if i stripped the wim for just the image i want to use

thanks

10. You can delete everything (all .msu and .exe files).
    The script will re-download missing updates.

Some updates are unnecessary in new version (February 2019 Cumulative Rollup update and October 2018 Servicing Stack update).

In fact, every version has some some updates removed (substituted by new ones).

No, it is not recommended to update previously updated install.wim, because then your install.wim will be bigger than it should be, with unnecessary updates inside it.

New updates often replace old ones (eg March 2019 Cumulative Rollup Update replaces February 2019 Cumulative Rollup Update).

So it is recommended to run the script only on original unmodified Windows 7 SP1 ISO image.

11. weberio

weberio MDL Member

Nov 22, 2016
    For slow connections such as my case it is tedious to start downloading everything all over again.
    As an idea it would be interesting if your script did that work, remove the old and download the current ones as it already does, but reviewing that.

I'm sure you can do a purge/cleaning of past updates inside the wim, it would save time because then you do not have to start all over again, is another idea :)

12. All needed updates are listed in .txt files inside hotfixes directory.
    If you have additional (previous) hotfixes downloaded, it is not a problem, because they will simply will not be used.

No I will never do that.
    First of all, I do not have time.
    Secondly, you assume that Microsoft tools (like DISM) are rock solid and bug-free, but they are surely not.

If you are removing and adding packages, you will end up with some packages half-installed (ie with some files not updated).
    Even the order in which packages are installed is important. It shouldn't be, but it is (tested!).

You can do it by yourself, but you are asking for problems.

I always recommend to use original Windows 7 SP1 ISO DVD (download and keep it for future) and then update it to the latest version. It is the only 100% reliable method.

13. TigTex

TigTex MDL Senior Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Some more notes for @wkeller

On my computer, the script needs this line right after the configuration section in order to detect oscdimg and imagex that are on the same path as integrate7.cmd
    Code:
    cd /d %~dp0
    Without it, the only way to run the script is by opening a cmd and doing a cd to the directory and manually call integrate7.cmd. Probably other members on this forum are having similar issues.

Cosmetic changes:
    • Replace "--no-hsts --no-check-certificate -O " with "-q --show-progress -O" on every wget instance. The output will be much cleaner and easier to read.
    • Replace every " ECHO. ECHO." with only one "echo." Reduce the blank lines.
    • Add "/quiet" to every dism operation. Only errors will be displayed.
    • "InstallHotfises" should read "InstallHotfixes"
    Sugestions:
    • Create a "add_these_files_to_DVD" folder and place "ExtraScripts" inside of it. If anyone doesn't want to have those files on dvd (to be as close as possible to original windows installer) all you need to do is to delete the folder before running integrate7.cmd. Right now the folder is always copied to the dvd
    • I think you could just put oscdimg, dism and imagex (from GETWAIKTOOLS that I've showed you before) inside the "tools" folder and instead of giving the error "tool X is not installed, please install windows ADK" it would use the ones that you provide as a fallback. This will make the script more portable and easy to use for new users because it doesn't require windows ADK
    • Use dism instead of imagex. example
      Code:
      for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %a in ('dism /english /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:"install.wim" ^| findstr /i Index') do dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:"install.wim" /SourceIndex:%a /DestinationImageFile:"install_temp.wim" /compress:max
    I hope you find this useful :)

14. urlicrk

urlicrk MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2018
    installed full adk, but the script cant detect dism. then i used GETWAIKTOOLS to download components and placed them under tools directory, but the script still cant detect. what to do?

===========================================================
    DISM tool should be in version 6.3 or later!

Please install Windows ADK
    Link:
    ===========================================================

15. TigTex

TigTex MDL Senior Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Try to add this line at the beginning of the integrate7.cmd and see if it helps

cd /d %~dp0

16. pepillo

pepillo MDL Novice

May 31, 2011
    It works great, anything like this for windows 10? I'm interested for updated LTSC ISO

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  18. TigTex

TigTex MDL Senior Member

Oct 5, 2009
    @wkeller Don't let this project die, friend ;)