Integrated drivers problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ryouga, Aug 26, 2013.

1. ryouga

ryouga MDL Member

Apr 15, 2008
    I used the program to extract the drivers that were already installed for my graphics card, hdmi sound on graphics card and my dedicated sound card then integrated them and reinstalled windows

I have minor issues, with the graphics card every now and again when using multiple monitors the mouse icon changes to a dotted line instead of a arrow thats the only issue.

However the hdmi sound has 2 issues, one I see 6 disconnected hdmi audio devices in sound menu, 2nd sound menu takes about 2 or 3 minutes to load and each time I disable the 2nd monitor when not in use when I reenable it the hdmi sound shows as disconnected and I have to disable it and reenable it but still show 6 disconnected and 1 connected device.

Actually now I think about it I dont think there is a dedicated sound card problem its the hdmi sound issue that is affecting the sound menu.

Anyway I want to reinstall windows again due to this but want to work out the problem first, even if I cant what can I remove in registry?

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Yer gonna need to be a little more specific there.
    How many monitors are you using?
    How are your speakers hooked up?
    Are you playing sound through both of your monitors using HDMI?
    What graphics card are you using? (example: radeon hd 7850)
    What sound chipset are you using? (example: realtek hd)

3. ryouga

ryouga MDL Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Hmmm, well I have a monitor and a tv, I only use the tv for gaming and watching hd stuff when not in use its disabled to save power and stop screen retention as its a plasma, I have the tv connected to hdmi on a ATI 7870 and the monitor to dvi and my pc speakers are connected to a X Fi Titanium sound card, I only use the hdmi sound when watching a movie or games for music I use the pc speakers.

I dont know if there is something missing from the driver as the full AMD driver is about 180 meg as it includes a few extras which I dont install like Catalyst Control Centre.

Not sure the reason I get multiple hdmi icons shown in sound manager though as this seems to be the problem

4. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    What you could try is to remove the catalyst drivers and download the Microsoft Update drivers through "wuapp.exe"
    Then see if the weird icon stuff happens when you do whatever you're doing.
    I just have a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with an hdmi audio driver and it's glitching when you run certain programs like media center or something to watch movies or tv through your pc.

5. ryouga

ryouga MDL Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Just reinstalled windows and the same problem though its opening straight away.

Is there a way to remove integrated drivers?

6. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    Hmm integrated drivers... Like from an OEM Windows 7 disc?
    If you have the product key like they usually have on the bottom of a laptop or something you can download one of the retail iso files from the digitalriver links.
    I believe they have them stickied up there somewhere

7. ryouga

ryouga MDL Member

Apr 15, 2008
    As in I used Wintoolkit to add drivers and updates into a disc so no idea how to remove them unless I know where to find them in folder or something

8. Elmer BeFuddled

Elmer BeFuddled MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2010
    You can remove updates in WinToolKit though the Advanced Tab >> Component Removal button.

I don't know if you can remove drivers once installed (never looked!!)

What I will say is, I don't integrate my radeon drivers, I have them ready as a first install when, well, I've installed!!

I do install my realtek hi def audio drivers by slipping them into the image.

BUT!! When I install the ATI stuff I do not install CCC or the HDMI drivers. I've had issues with realtek and hdmi fighting over control, and me not being much of a gamer, Realtek wins.

If you can't uninstall the drivers I can only suggest you bite the bullet and remake your iso again. Takes me at most 50 minutes (doing one image (Pro) only) from start to finish of loading to usb.

I do keep all the 'extracted to .cab file' updates and my WinToolKit pre-set list with all the tweaks etc. though.

9. ryouga

ryouga MDL Member

Apr 15, 2008
    I have worked out the problem but not how to fix it, essentially I have the hdmi cable plugged into a 5 port switch so the pc seems to think that each one is a audio output

Anyway to stop the pc recognising this bar wiring in the pc directly to pc when installing?