Integrating regstry tweaks into offline mounted image.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by spidernz, Mar 14, 2014.

1. spidernz

spidernz MDL Senior Member

May 20, 2011
    Is this possible to do.
    If so how?

Currently my cmd script integrates updates, converts to wmc, adds .net 3.5/4.51, integrates drivers/ disables most features and metro apps.

Now I just want to integrate my .reg files that should apply to the system and each and every user account created.
    I know i can do it via setupcomplete.cmd, but was wondering if it can be loaded into a offline image instead.

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Yes, you can do reg /load and reg /unload
    The basic procedure is to load each hive to a custom list so that you don't mix it with your current settings
    You then apply registry changes to the custom list and /unload when finished.
    I typically don't integrate things this way because there's a lot more going on than just registry files in most of the MS integration.
    For instance, if you integrate a kb file, sure it modifies the registry, but it also messes with the winsxs folder and a few databases and other stuff.

You *could* do these things offline if you knew exactly how ms did them, but it would be hard as hell, and definitely not very intuitive.

As far as changes to each individual user, you might be thinking of group policy settings..
    Someone far more understanding than I could probably help you there.

3. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Have you tried WHD integrator (Tweaks option). It will convert your reg files when integrating so they are applied to your mounted image.
    I would like to know if this still works as ive not used it in a while and would like to know if I need to update the method. :)

4. spidernz

spidernz MDL Senior Member

May 20, 2011
    Cool I'll look into those. Thanks :)