Integrating updates after SP3 in a non-English ISO?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by JpegXguy, Jul 27, 2020.

1. JpegXguy

JpegXguy MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2017
    #1 JpegXguy, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Hi,
    I'm looking to install Windows XP on an old family computer since SiS graphics run poorly under linux.
    I'd like it to have a Greek interface.

I have both the EN and the EL language SP3 PRO VL ISOs, but I don't know how to go about having a fully updated Greek ISO ready to install.

I've heard of "MUI", which apparently lets you change the interface language on the Pro versions, but I've also heard that it's not as thorough as installing from the specific language ISO, or something...

2. JpegXguy

JpegXguy MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2017
    Apparently OnePiece has International versions of this Packs! I'll try that too

3. JpegXguy

JpegXguy MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2017
    Works in QEMU but 7B error on the PC. Will try SP4

4. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    0x7B = Inaccessible boot device. Usually occurs if there are no AHCI drivers integrated.

5. JpegXguy

JpegXguy MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2017
    I've heard of this, and how the BIOS option switch to IDE can fix it, but the computer is only using IDE, as it;s from the early 2000's. The motherboard is the Matsonic MS9317e+USB.

The BSOD happens just after loading the NTFS filesystem, when the screen goes black with a cursor and afterwards you enter the setup and partitioning.
    The untouched SP3 ISOs work fine (I have a Greek SP3 Installation running, in fact). I think SP4 can update a running system, which is nice. But I want to see if I can get a ready-to-go ISO/DVD.

I'm also going to try the ENU iso slipstreamed with SP4 (and/or Post SP4) with the MUI option

6. JpegXguy

JpegXguy MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2017
    Thanks for answering
    @WindowsMyStyle
    . I did try RVM Integrator as well. Same BSOD happened.

7. JpegXguy

JpegXguy MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2017
    Still happens with SP4 + Post SP4 slipstreamed iso. Only the untouched SP3 isos work. Well, I guess I can apply the updates SP4 + Post-SP4 on live intallation of clean SP3, which works

8. WindowsMyStyle

WindowsMyStyle MDL Member

May 2, 2018
    I want to help you but for me you are just saying bulls**t!
    show me a screenshot of the Windows XP i386 folder so I understand immediately if you have integrated the file I sent you.
    If the original ISO works, the ISO after the package with all the updates must also work.
    Then what does the configuration of your PC have to do if you are trying it on QEMU? have you tried on VirtualBox or VMWare ?!
    I await the images ... otherwise I repeat ... he did nothing of what I wrote to you ...

9. JpegXguy

JpegXguy MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2017
    I meant that I also tried integrating OnePiece's Update Pack with RyanVM Integrator 1.6 before, as I had tried with nLite. I did so with the ELL VL ISO. (I did check the checksums as well)
    It seems that you're pointing me to the retail ISO. Is the update pack designed with retail ISOs in mind only? I think the retail vs VL editions only difference is in the PID text file, right?

10. JpegXguy

JpegXguy MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2017
    The target is the matsonic physical PC.
    The reason I also try in QEMU is to test if the iso is bootable and stuff like that. Also, the install proceeds ok in QEMU, but in the physical system only the untouched sp3 isos work. I get 7b error immediately after the "starting windows" step just before disk partitioning

11. WindowsMyStyle

WindowsMyStyle MDL Member

May 2, 2018
    @JpegXguy

if the original ISO works, the ISO with the integrated pack must also work
    surely you are wrong ...
    I do you a favor ... I send you in private an ISO of Windows XP Greek VL with all the updates and all the Drivers integrated
    Let me know if it works.