integration and edition questions

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by GeoXX, Jun 25, 2011.

1. GeoXX

GeoXX MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2010
    Hi there,

Hoping you might read my thread and answer my questions please, I'd really be grateful!
    :)

I understand that ei.cfg allows one to have a universal disk of windows 7 where one can choose from the various editions, as well as specify what type of edition will be installed i.e. retail, OEM, VL, (do correct me if I'm wrong)
    1. However, I'd like to have a disk with retail, the vl, and OEM, is this possible?
    so I wouldn't have a disk for each channel I'd like to have all the channels of distribution in one disk?

2. I wish to also integrate a 64bit windows in to one disk as well so I will have both x86 and x64 as well, however I heard that one can get in to problems when trying to repair the x64 system since the recovery would only be x86 assuming I am going to use an x86 source, is it possible to choose when booting from the cd whether you'd like to boot to the x86 or x64 to repair the system?
    3. I am going to update the sp1 iso of windows 7 to the media refresh using xdelta. I will update it for the ultimate x86 and x64 versions I have. Am I correct in assuming that if I still remove ei.cfg that, I will have the mediaRefresh for all the editions on the disk? or do I have to use the delta vcd file for each edition on the disk?
    4. I wish also to have all the windows 7 editions updated to the latest hotfixes that you wonderful people on mdl provide. Is there a program that will update all the editions with the hotfixes? or do i have to manually apply the hotfixes to each edition?
    5. Is it possible to integrate all the languages that are released for windows 7 in to one disk as well?

Sorry for all the questions, much information confuses me, again, really hope someone can please guide me here.

Regards,

2. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    That is called AIO and yes there are so many versions of that... I have
    1.) AIO x 3 versions
    2.) AIO w 11 versions that is x64 & x86 with Retail - OEM - Pro (VL) and Enterprise (VL)
    3.) AIO with all N's included
    use google to find. Windows 7 AIO

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. GeoXX

GeoXX MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2010
    Hi Snuffy and tito,

Yep I do want to make it myself and I'm abit weary on searching and downloading as i wouldn't know how other have made their own.

So, will the 7toolkit then allow me to have all the distribution channels of all the editions on one disk? and what of questions 2,3 should I manually download the delta vcd file for each edition or will just the file for the edition I have take care of it all after ei.cfg is removed?
    and lastly what of the repairing of the 64bit system? will I be able to repair incorrect startup problems with both x86 and x64, if I integrated both the architectures on one disk?

Answers would be much appreciated!

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009