Intel AC 7260 + W7 | 2021 Win Updates

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Zalex, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Zalex

Zalex MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2013
    #1 Zalex, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Hi,

Does your Intel AC7260 WiFi Card works with W7 Latest Updates?

Since the March 2021 WinUpdate the WiFi gets stuck.
    Appears as connected to the AC Router Network, no other Wireless appears on the list and there is no Internet.

Disable/Enable the Card sometimes works but happens the same within minutes or hours.
    Sometimes gets blocked on the process and in occasions it even freezes the whole computer and needs a Hard ShutDown.

Restoring to previous March or April update state fixes the problem.

Haven't found anything specific into the Events Manager.

• QX411
    • W7 x64
    • ESU v9 + All previous Win Updates OK til February 2021
    • Intel 7260 | v16 Drivers (Newers breaks the WiFi since time ago, around 2 years. Reset Card Settings or Update to the latest doesn't fixes the Win Updates Problems appeared since March 2021)

Any idea?

Thank you.

Forked from: ESU Updates

2. Very Very bad Experience after i upgrade my System with ASUS Wifi6 AX3000 PCIE Card with BT5 Technology . Data Packets Drop Down Sometimes Rx Tx both way.
    I was Happy with my Old Atheros AR9271 USB Wlan Card which works flawlessly with both Remnux Linux as well as Any M$ OS Plus Hacnitosh as well. Even AR 9271 worked flawlessly to capture remote packets between a router & user in promiscous mode.
    I have written this msg so that somebody who want to upgrade to this latest Card will never go for it . Hope somebody will get help from this msg.

3. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    There was a new update for Intel wireless this weekend so it seems they fixed something. Best I can tell its for X64 Windows 10 only though.

4. Zalex

Zalex MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2013

Thanks,

I'll check it despite still on W7 and stuck on V16.
    Newer drivers gaveany problems, already reported since long on the net.

Thank you.

5. ch100

ch100 MDL Addicted

Sep 11, 2016
    AC7260 works very well on Windows 10 in the 5GHz band, so I don't know why other people's experience is not so good.
    Might have to play a bit with the driver versions and not necessary use the last one which is final, but in the end should work.
    Various people on other sites claim that driver version 18.20 is the good one which I can confirm to be the case in the sense that it is one of the good and reliable ones.
    For me the version 17 which is built in Windows 19041 did the job as well without the need to upgrade.
    I tested multiple drivers, all good enough but I cannot claim that I found the "definitive" one and I am interested if someone else has information in that sense.
    WU pushes various subversions of driver version 18 depending on the actual hardware ID of the card but it is not mandatory to upgrade.
    However this card may no longer work well on Windows 7 though so now might be the right time to move on to later OS. :)

6. ch100

ch100 MDL Addicted

Sep 11, 2016
    Not for 7260, the final driver was released years ago and all new packages for multiple Intel WiFi cards contain only that final driver 18.33.17.1 for 7260.
    Good enough in my experience, but there are suggestions elsewhere that 18.20 might be more reliable.

7. Zalex

Zalex MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2013
  8. Zalex

Zalex MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2013
    For now I'm on 7 and on a HDD.

The problem started on March 2021, so something related to WinUpdates or messed on the System Setting and I forgot.

The BT AMP Setting didn't fixed the problem here if I recall or isn't present on this 16x Driver version.
    I've been testing everything I found, just those mentioned steps fixed the problems.

Maybe on W10 is fixed, but there's still a recent comment on YouTube mentioning W10 and the tape workaround fixed it for the user, so I don't know.