Intel BIOS questions

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pdf, Sep 26, 2008.

1. pdf

pdf MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2008
    #1 pdf, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #2 Yen, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
    Is the Intel SLIC shown (present) at AcpiScope?

If yes you can try WoW patch. It's a softmod which patches the present SLIC to e.g. HP at boot.

Post please a link to your bios. If it has got a real AMI core8 I can modify it.
    But newer ones don't have it. Only tool to open such bioses is ITK.
    Another way could be to open bios with ITK and to patch the present SLIC at physical memory directly and finally rebuild (save) the bios.

An AcpiScope report would be nice as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #4 Yen, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WickedNick

WickedNick MDL Junior Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Hello, pdf!

I could try to integrate SLIC into the BIOS, but I can do this only in tuesday.
    What SLIC vendor do you prefer?

5. bennyboy

bennyboy MDL Member

May 9, 2007
    Hey man, have you modded Intel Bioses sucessfully? Could you please try and mod the BIOS for an Intel DQ965WC board. I can provide a link if you need.

Thanks.

6. WickedNick

Sep 25, 2008
    #7 WickedNick, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
    Hello, Bennyboy!

You are not alone in your problems with EFI BIOS mods. I'm constantly looking for the AMI Aptio tools. Still have nothing :(
    As for your question, there is a possibility to integrate SLIC table right to the motherboard (I mean Intel desktop boards with EFI), but you need not only Marker and Public Key those could be grabbed from SLIC table. I need one more token called Signed Public Key (or like this). This token is generating at the same time as Marker with special hardware only and can not be distributed at all because of NDA restrictions.
    But this key, actually, can be stolen right from EFI BIOS :)
    The main problem is locating the Intel desktop mobo with implemented markers. You can grab them with EFI Variables Browser :)

As for Aspenhill (S3000AH) Server board described in this topic and other Intel Server boards, there is no needs to have third marker. It is enough to have just dump of SLIC table.

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #8 Yen, Sep 30, 2008
  8. WickedNick

Sep 25, 2008
    @Yen,

IMO, it is MEGA PACK of ancient utilities, useless mainly.
    It still has no utilities to work with APTIO based BIOSes.

@pdf

I'm so sorry, but I'm don't able to implement SLIC table to this BIOS yet.
    The working is in progress.

9. pdf

pdf MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2008
    Hi again,
    I haven't used a softmod yet, but I could use it if it's possible. I just need to know if these will work on Windows Server 2008 as well.

I do have a 1-time MAK for this (from MSDNAA) and Windows got deactivated when I upgraded my BIOS :/
    I guess they'll just let me activate when I call them anyway, but I don't want to call MS every time I reinstall or Windows decides to deactivate itself...

@WickedNick,
    thanks for trying :)
    Apparently nobody has been able to find the Aptio tools yet :/

10. WickedNick

Sep 25, 2008
    @pdf,

I have had a talk to my friends from some friendly companies.
    They have told AMI has a bug in their tools to implement markers to the BIOS, so Intel can make these mod only by direct request from known customer only (by manually rebuilding of the BIOS).

11. WickedNick

Sep 25, 2008
    @pdf

Is the problem still actual for you?

12. lameguest

lameguest MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2008
    #13 lameguest, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
    I think the solution could be the right oem certificate, if now the SLIC is present in the bios, like on the Acer Aspire One (check my thread "OEM activation on Aspire One"). Definitely there is a new SLIC branded Intel on the world, i hope it's only a matter of time to find the needed OEM cert.

Anyway, the well known Vistaloader (possibly the one with no text at startup) should do the job in any moment.

Have a good day.

13. WickedNick

Sep 25, 2008
    @pdf,

I have some news for you but you have disabled your PM messages receiving.
    Please, if the problem is still actual for you, drop me some PM.

14. enb141

enb141 MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2009
    I'm interested in this too, I got an intel DP45SG and the problem that I have with wow6 is that not works all the time

Some times it gets stuck so I need to reset and reset until it works properly.:confused:

15. WickedNick

Sep 25, 2008
    Hello, enb141!

AFAIK, there is no modded BIOS' for Intel desktop boards (EFI). The marker and the key should be flashed independently. You need special utility and three files for that: The Public Key, The Signed Public Key and The Marker.
    The first one and the last one could be found in any modded BIOS but the Signed Key has never been published yet.

16. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    the trick works with server 2008 as well, you just need the same certs but different keys. There are a few OEM keys posted in the Windows Server forum, but sadly no enterprise OEM keys have leaked yet, but most companies haven't moved to Server 2008 yet, so I think when companies start ordering boxes with Server 2008 Enterprise on them we will start to see keys.

Yeah the MAK thing is a pain to call and reactivate, but I have never had a problem with it, and the truth is I have used it on about 3-4 different boxes, I just use the automated phone system or if that doesn't work talk to the dude in India, at least MS hired some people that can enunciate and pronounce the English language clearly.

17. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    "The Signed Public Key" - funny thing is that OEM certificate (*.xrm-ms) is nothing but this oem's public key in base64 format, embedded in xml document, signed by MS.

18. Tom Mix

Tom Mix MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
  19. bjf2000

bjf2000 MDL Expert

Apr 11, 2008
    #20 bjf2000, Jul 30, 2009