Intel BMP Tool & Flash Image Tool

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by itsmemario1, Jul 14, 2014.

1. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Senior Member

Sep 10, 2012
    It seems these 2 tools made it to the public already. (but I cant find a working download)

-Intel BMP Tool (Bios Modification Program) - about 12 megabyte size
    -Flash Image Tool 7.1.20.1119 (google even mentions version 8.1.10.1286 with autocomplete)

[​IMG]

These tools seem to be "old" already. At least Flash image Tool 8 is from 2011 or 2012 and the BMP tool from 2004/2005(?)

Together with these "Intel Management Engine Interface" & "ITK tool (Integrator Toolkit)" get mentioned.
    These can be downloaded from the intle site without problems. I wasnt able to find BIOS files in ITK format though.

So, maybe someone here still has these tools and wont mind sharing these ?

Thanks in advance!

2. itsmemario1

Sep 10, 2012
    Noone from intel here ? ;)

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    No it's just me. :biggrin:

Those old generation of Intel BIOSes have the .BIO extension. One of the first were embedded AMI BIOSes. *.ITK is just an additional config. file made for IntegratorToolKit, not a BIOS.

AFAIK the BMP tool was used to mod the Intel VGA BIOS, not the sys BIOS.

Intel also belongs to the companies who make their proprietary stuff and should be boycotted. They were first who digitally signed parts of the BIOS / EFI (capsule). You'll encounter trouble when trying to modify their current EFIs, this applies to HP and Dell also...better avoid them.

It seems you are fancy difficult and rare and 'ungrateful' BIOSes / EFI. LOL...

Are the links there at post #1 down? (Cannot download here anything to try...)
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/54860-about-intel-management-engine-firmware.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. itsmemario1

Sep 10, 2012
    All links lead to mediafire a ZIPs (some are 100mb in size) and starting to download these worked just fine for me.

As Im very tired already, I will have to look at your link again tomorrow. ^^

But thanks :)

5. itsmemario1

Sep 10, 2012
    Im once again looking for these tools :rolleyes: