Intel integrator Toolkit (Windows command line)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by fearmonger, Sep 15, 2014.

1. fearmonger

fearmonger MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2014
    Hello,

I've got a bunch of Intel DH61DL system boards that I'm attempting to update the SMBIOS switches. I want to update the following locations "System Serial, Chassis Serial, and Chassis Asset". I've been able to do this individually with "vcustw -smbios -ss=xxxx" having the system reboot and then changing the -ss to -cs then -ca. The system forces a reboot after each command so it can take some time. I was wondering if anyone else has been able to do all this from one command. Limiting the number of reboots needed to update the system boards. Running the GUI toolkit isn't an option at this time. Can anyone tell me if you can run more then one switch at a time with this command? Thanks in advance and looking forward to any advise anyone can make.

Thanks!!

2. alextheg

alextheg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I'm kind of curious why you would be changing those serial numbers etc ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fearmonger

fearmonger MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2014
    Not the serial number of the boards the serial number that would be on the Chassis of the system and the Asset tag that will be assigned to each pc.

The company that built the systems didn't put the serial numbers of the PC's on the board so it's being done for inventory tracking reasons.

4. quid

quid MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2010
    #4 quid, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    There's an option in the BIOS to turn off the reboot and confirmation prompt. I want to say it's buried somewhere near the Secure Boot settings. At least that's where it was on my NUC.

@alextheg
    As was mentioned Intel boards usually come with the SMBIOS Type 1 (System) and Type 3 (Chassis) information blank. That's why Intel's tools let you change both of those but not Type 2 (Motherboard).

5. fearmonger

fearmonger MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2014
    Thanks quid. I've already disabled the prompt option in the bios. That only keeps the system from telling me that a change has been made. I haven't seen anything about not telling the system to reboot. I think the reboot is being run from the Vcustw.exe file once it's been run. I just find it hard to believe that the three changes can't be run all at once.

6. quid

quid MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Maybe the -QUEUE=<filename>, -APPLYQUEUE options?

from the help:

7. fearmonger

fearmonger MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2014
    Can you please give me an example of what data would look like in the queue file?

8. quid

quid MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2010
    #8 quid, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Whoops, forgot to reply to this. See below for an example where A:\ is a writable drive

SMBIOS.BAT
    Code:
    @echo off
    VCUST.EXE -SMBIOS -SM=Intel -QUEUE=A:\SMB.BIO
    VCUST.EXE -SMBIOS -SP=NUC -QUEUE=A:\SMB.BIO
    VCUST.EXE -SMBIOS -SS=SN1234 -QUEUE=A:\SMB.BIO
    VCUST.EXE -SMBIOS -SF=NUC -QUEUE=A:\SMB.BIO
    VCUST.EXE -SMBIOS -CM=Intel -QUEUE=A:\SMB.BIO
    VCUST.EXE -SMBIOS -CT=03h -QUEUE=A:\SMB.BIO
    VCUST.EXE -SMBIOS -CS=SN1234 -QUEUE=A:\SMB.BIO
    VCUST.EXE -SMBIOS -CA=ASSET123 -QUEUE=A:\SMB.BIO -APPLYQUEUE
    For tagging multiple systems you can just make a batch file that asks for the serial number and asset tag and use variables in the VCUST commands. That way you only need one file.