Intel SSD Firmware Update

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Michelle68, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Michelle68

Michelle68 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    #1 Michelle68, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
  2. avagyan

avagyan MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2008
    Did anyone tried it? It gives me error.
    saying command.com is not there.
    I burn from W7 built-in image burner, to DVD, then CD. It boots fine to the point where it gives that error.
    I'm booting from USB DVD drive though and manual recomends SATA, but I have only IDE and USB drives, and my BIOS doesn't let me to boot from IDE

3. avagyan

avagyan MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2008
    Nope, as expected it's not USB Drive thing. Managed to boot from internal IDE drive, same thing.
    Cant they just thest if it boots or no, before putting? I don't have any program in this computer so I can't see whats wrong and repack ISO. Seems a mistake in config.sys

4. avagyan

avagyan MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2008
    My mistake.
    It was really SATA thing. Found SATA drive and it booted without giving me error message.
    So USB DRIVE- no go; IDE DRIVE- no go
    only SATA DRIVE worked

5. Farquard

Farquard MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    Found it to work perfectly. And it did seem to improve the performance a bit. Thanks.

6. Eddielawson666

Eddielawson666 MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2011
    update my G2 160gb ssd: no date lost and work perfectly.

7. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Had nothing to do the other day, so it was to test this firmware wire on my:
    Intel ssd G2 80GB.
    AHCI in bios and windows tweak and the latest beta of the IRS.
    I drove "As ssd" test = I got the score: 459! which is unbelievably good.
    :yummy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. FireRx

FireRx MDL Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Fix for SSD command.com error

UPDATE Okay for all of you attempting to update your Intel SSD's to the latest Firmware. Here's a workaround this pesky error FreeDos does on the ISO. This method is done via a flash Drive in USB. First take a flash drive and go here to get the HP USB Disk Format tool, bay-wolf.com/usbmemstick.htm. There is a link on that site to download windows 98 boot disk. Download this also. Create a folder called Windows 98 boot, and extract the Windows 98 Boot.zip into that folder. In the Hp format tool run it as administrator. Once it's open, put a checkmark on the Create a DOS Startup disk using system files lacated at: Choose your folder you extracted the windows 98 boot and click on Start. It will take about close to 3-5 mins. Once thats done mount your Intel ISO and open the folder containing theiSSDFUD.exe file. Drag that file to your usb boot drive. and you're ready to go. Remember after reboot, go into bios, and set your USB as your first boot device, and set the drives to IDE. Reboot, and it should boot you to c:\ prompt. Type in :iSSDFUD. and press enter. It will start the intel firmware tool update, and simply follow its instruction. once it's done. turn off your computer. remove the usb drive stick. and reboot back into bios and return your drives to the previous settings. Don't forget to put your disk back to ACHI if you had them set there. Once back into Windows you can verify your firmware upgrade via Intel SSD Toolbox, or whatever SSD id software you have on your system. This should help those that get the FreeDos dreaded Command interpreter error. :p

9. PALADIUS

PALADIUS MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2011
    Thank you for the post. I will give this a try.

10. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    What Intel ssd you have?
    Please run "As ssd" and post resultat (after firmwire update) :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...