Interested in programming

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alextheg, Oct 13, 2009.

1. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Evening all. So this is the situation. Ive been tinkering with pc's for quite some time now, always fiddling with this and that. Changing settings galore and tweaking everything known to mankind. Im sure you know what i mean. :)

Well now i feel like challenging myself a bit and thought i might try and learn a bit of programming. Purely as a challenge for my brain and as a bit of a hobbie. I would really appreciate any thoughts or suggestions as to a good starting point for my programming adventure. :D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #2 Mr Jinje, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
    If Demonoid was still up, they have a really good group of Powershell Videos (CBT), but until then you can find about 3-4 good PDF's at here

If you want to mess around with an IDE try PrimalForms. It has regular object browser just like VB, so even .NET types can pick it up fast.

Wikipedia has some good basic info on the capabilities.

3. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Thanks a million Mr.Jinje. Very usefull indeed. Ive taken a quick look at the links and i think this could be quite an interesting path to follow. Once again thankyou very much :cool: :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Alex, did you get anywhere with Powershell, I sick of tired for being the only Powershell Guy around.

Maybe I could start a How To Powershell thread and teach people the basics. Gets them more interested that way.

5. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    #5 PAYMYRENT, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    that would be cool if you started that i would be willing to learn something new

@alextheg

there is also this if you want to learn vb c# or whatever else this ide supports :D

its free and open source

http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/

6. xcom

xcom MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Yes you should. :)

7. hanhkhachcuoicung

hanhkhachcuoicung MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    Certainy You Should! :)

8. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Excellent idea Jinje. :D:D

9. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    @ paymyrent. Thanks alot , I will take a look at that. :)

10. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Any news on this Jinje ? :)

11. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Maybe vb script and WMI is a good way to start. If you're familiar with a bit of networking and Windows Server Editions, it's something to learn to get the hang of things. It's similar to vb, but leaning more to logonscripts and remote administration as it's purposes.

If you get to know your way around those things, then vb, c# and java will be rather easily learned. You need to be familiar with setting up a dc with ad though.

12. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Interesting, although im afraid im going to have to start with the basics as i have no knowledge or experience of programming. Well except for a little on a BBC Micro many years ago at school............were talking 10 print , rem etc .....:)

13. techprism

techprism MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2009
    Java , How can we forget that

So, I want that you can get yourself to one of the most powerful programming languages, I m taking about Java.

Why java? Its widely established now, more over we can see that How Java is Empowering Most of the Technologies Today.

Although languages C , CPP , VB.net etc are always very interesting.

14. techprism

techprism MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2009
    If Internet interest you, why not Web designing?

You can go for web designing, starting from HTML, then, playing with CSS & then to more advanced ones.

HTML is very easy to learn. Check out W3Schools to start with. I think this will be quite interesting.