Intermittent "Non-Genuine" on Desktop

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Zepp, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Zepp

Zepp MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Flashed a BIOS mod with 2.1 SLIC (great mod, weinter, thanks!) on my Acer ASPIRE 4530, and installed the Acer cert and OEM SLP keys manually. W7 activated as expected. This was a couple weeks ago. But every so often I get "This copy of Windows is not genuine" in the bottom right corner of the desktop. As soon as I open Control Panel->System and the window refreshes to show "activated", the notification on the desktop (is this what people call a watermark?) disappears.

Any idea how to get rid of this annoyance, or what's causing it?

2. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Deactivate 7 as shown in the windows 7 repository section 6.G
    and try rearming your 7
    Command:-
    (with out ",make sure to run cmd as aministrator)
    now try to insert cert and key with DAZ Loader..

3. Zepp

Zepp MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Thanks, I can do that but when I did the BIOS mod cert & key, W7 still had about 14 days left on the original installation (before the 30 days was up). Am I going to have to deactivate/rearm as an ongoing thing, or did something get corrupted, or...??? Just would like to understand why this happened so I can avoid it in the future if that's possible.

4. Zepp

Zepp MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Just wanted to add, I found this: Weird Windows-not-genuine issue which points to the "Software Protection" or "sppsvc" service not running when this occurs, courtesy of PAYMYRENT. Should be set to Auto (delayed startup). Mine was on Manual and not running.