Internet crashes for a split second kicking me out of online games every few minutes.

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by chaoticbeliever, Nov 13, 2018.

1. chaoticbeliever

chaoticbeliever MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2018
    I play on ps4 and have a wired connection and constantly it kicks me off the line with an error message saying "LAN cable not connected". I never lose connection while I am on wireless. My roommates have told me that the internet will go down for a short amount of time on their computers and tablets as well. We have tried restarting the router but it doesn't help at all. It just started happening 2 weeks ago but didn't happen once for 8 months before that. Any advice you could have for me would be greatly appreciated.

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    contact the ISP so they can run a test on the line and see if their a issue their...also check router specs make sure it can handle more than 5 devices at one time some routers candle about 4 connection at one time... good luck.

3. geordienewt

geordienewt MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2018
    If you never lose connection when using WiFi it doesn't sound like the router is dropping connection to the net. Possibly a Lan problem, maybe try manually assigning a local IP for your PS4 within your router interface.

4. macnavarra

macnavarra MDL Member

Nov 13, 2017
    Guess you should assign you're Ps4 in you´re routers firewall interface. :Albert: