Internet Explorer and Bing Apps won't Launch.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by triggat, Sep 21, 2012.

1. triggat

triggat MDL Member

Feb 18, 2009
    #1 triggat, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    Lately I noticed that internet explorer and bing apps stopped launching, but most of my other apps are still working well. I've tried resolving this many ways but none have worked. I tried to increase the resolution of my display, I tried restoring to a period when everything was working fine including all apps, I've tried switching to a local account, and I've uninstalled the non-working apps and reinstalled them again...among other fixes and nothing has worked. Can anyone help me resolve this issue without having to refresh my pc.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe you download IE 9 or even 8 and try to install. If that works, update to IE10 and check again.

It's just an idea which may work or may not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HumansCan'tBeTrusted

Aug 7, 2012
    I have same issue on clean Windows 8 Pro installation. I'm sure it's because of activation.

4. Kronz

Kronz MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2011
    Actually, I had the same issues and even after I activated using KMS, they persisted. Only a full PC refresh fixed them. I believe Windows 8 simply didn't upgrade properly from Windows 7.

5. triggat

triggat MDL Member

Feb 18, 2009
    HumansCan'tBeTrusted and Kronz what antivirus do have installed on the pc with problems?

6. Kronz

Kronz MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2011
    I am using Windows Defender, as from what I've read most AV programs may actually detect the WindowsAPPS folder as a malware location until they get a proper update, so I am sticking with the default one for now.

7. triggat

triggat MDL Member

Feb 18, 2009
    I'm strongly suspicious that the antivirus was the culprit causing the apps to stop launching by corrupting something, so I'm planning on using windows essentials the next time around....I will wait a while before refreshing maybe a fix or an update arrives to repair this...I'll cross my fingers.