Internet Explorer High Speed Connetion

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FABIGUI, Jul 4, 2009.

1. FABIGUI

FABIGUI MDL Member

Jun 2, 2007
    I have a high speed internet connetion ( 100 Mb in theory ). I use a wi-fi pci card 54 Mb, with in internet explore I can't use more than 17 Mb because it freez up. The same happens with Vista, now can is possibe to disable internet explorer in win7, I just replace it by firefox and no problem. A simple test I can do is to go to "Adsl Speed Test" and with internet explore ( without firefox ) the needle doesn't go more than +/- 17 Mb ( peak ) freezing the system.
    With firefox ( internet explorer disable ) the needle goes up to +/- 75 Mb with out freezing the system.
    Internet explore don't use more than the 30% of the bandwidth of my pci card,
    and les than 20% of my bandwidth internet connetion, but firefox can do so.
    I like Internet explore even many peoble say that is a crap.
    Can I solve this problem?

Or I just have to thanks God that in EU we are not going to have it as default!!!:D

2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    I'm not sure but it sounds like you have your solution: launch FF instead of IE. Or are you saying that even if you are not running IE, it still bogs down the system?

I run FF (do not launch IE) and I have never observed any interference from IE. Maybe I just never noticed it? :confused:

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FABIGUI

FABIGUI MDL Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Yes it happens, for example I have install many times Vista and Win7 in this machine for testing purpose, each time it begins to dawnload the updates + 1.5 Mb speed freezes up. No notice, you know windows sametimes propose to find a solution, nothing after force reestart. Now that I disable IE, it works. I would try to find a solution I don't want to buy a new card because probable work the same; Have you try a hear about asus wi-fi pci card? Does it works in x64 ? I really trust in asus hardware, but I don't know how this card works.