internet explorer issue

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by hitendra, Nov 25, 2014.

1. hitendra

hitendra MDL Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Microsoft.com is not open via internet explorer in windows 8.1 professional x86. it shows

Your current User-Agent string appears to be from an automated process, if this is incorrect, please click this link:United States English Microsoft Homepage

this link in the message is also not work. but in google or other browser it open perfectly.

I reset internet explorer under internet options and also stopped dns service [svchost] but nothing happened.

Thanks

2. A-bit_Tinkerer

A-bit_Tinkerer MDL Junior Member

Mar 24, 2014
    I also have the same problem with Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 8.1 Pro x86. The problem occurred after the November 11, 2014 Cumulative Security Update for IE11.

The problem is related to Compatibility View settings. Under the Tools menu, select Compatibility View settings and add "microsoft.com". This works until the browser (IE11) is closed; the settings change is not saved. I am still trying to determine why the setting is not saved.

Hope this helps to at least provide a work-around.

3. hitendra

hitendra MDL Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Thanks. I was thinking something bed with formatting.

4. A-bit_Tinkerer

A-bit_Tinkerer MDL Junior Member

Mar 24, 2014
    I have determined why the websites added to the Compatibility View settings are not saved.

Go to the Internet Options, either through Control Panel or from the Tools menu. Under the General tab is a "Browsing history" section. There is a check box next to "Delete browsing history on exit". If the box is checked, the websites added to the Compatibility View settings will be deleted when IE11 is closed. So, to save the settings, uncheck the box next to "Delete browsing history on exit".

So, saving the Compatibility View settings is another issue that Microsoft needs to fix.