Internet thru mobile phones

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by ccc1522, Jul 25, 2016.

1. ccc1522

ccc1522 MDL Junior Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Is it possible to use 2 cell phones to connect to 1 router? Is there a router that will connect to a hotspot?

I have 2 phones (2 numbers) with unlimited data and thought maybe I could use both of them as a hot spot that will connect to the same router?

Would it increase the speed of my internet? Example: 1 phone/hotspot download at 10mb/sec x 2 phones = 20mb/sec?

I have multiple devices in the office that are on the internet and I am going to cancel my landlines so I can move my office anywhere. I would like to just add the lines to my cell plan (much cheaper), but want to make sure I can do what I think I can.

Thanks

2. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    I suggest you read the fine print in your contract as far as your phone's "unlimited data" is concerned.
    I have not yet found a provider which allows you to connect your computer/network to your phone using your phone as a hotspot, and in fact have read of providers terminating users phone account without notice or prejudice when they find out... and they do eventually find out.

Anything is possible provided you have the correct hardware/software combination. The question is, "Is it worth it ?".

Good luck.

3. ccc1522

ccc1522 MDL Junior Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up. I guess "unlimited data" doesn't really mean "unlimited data"... Why does this not surprise me..
    I'll continue to investigate and let you know if I can do this or not.