Interview question

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Pasta88, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    I had a company call me when the saw my resume on a job site a few weeks ago. They called me in for an interview with the IT Director which was short but went well. However, on my resume, I put down on my resume that I was still working at my ex-place of employment but haven't worked there in 2 yrs.

Last week, the guy who I interviewed with left a message on my machine asking if i could come in for another interview. I called him back today to set a time up and asked him who I would be interviewing with this time and he said him and maybe HR.

The question I have for you is why would he have me interview with hjim again and then with HR? If they found out I fibber about the last 2 yrs about not working there would they bother having me come back for a 2nd interview? Wouldn't they say no sense in having him back here.

Or could they have me back to offer me the job and talk about salary with HR?

Thought?

2. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    i think you`re as good as hired, bruinator..
    they would certainly not bother to invite
    you if they had found you out, a polite
    email saying thank you but no thank you
    is all you would get..
    trouble with white lies such as this one
    is that you carry them with you as long
    as you work there, and it could easily
    backfire on you later..
    there`s nothing like the truth, imho..
    anyway, don`t fret, give it a shot and
    see what happens..
    good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I've done a couple of those interviews and if you had been someone I was thinking of hiring and I found that lie you told I would call you back in for another interview. Then I would have put you on the spot with that lie and then let you go.
    Impression is everything in an interview and lying is basically telling a potential employer that you are not trustworthy. I have had people come to me with fake degrees which is much worse than lying about work experience, but still it all leads to the same conclusion so don't do it again. Some companies share what you did with other companies and put you on blacklists, not that common but it happens.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    You should get on with it and if they call you for an interview, you must mention it discreetly at a strategic point. However, you must because if you don't, and they hire you, they will find out, and that could be the end there. Best to let them know but also tactfully in the early stages of your next meeting.

Considering the global economy since 2008, you would not be the only one in such an unfortunate situation. Perhaps your interviewer or many of their present employees would also have passed thru this.

Best of luck and hope everything works out well for you.

5. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    2008, I think it has been more like 2003.

6. daisywhite333

daisywhite333 MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2012
    You can search the internet

7. the042011

the042011 MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    #7 the042011, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Hi

You can find this info by using search box in the top of website with some keywords related before posting questions.

I found some references on this subject, please refer to everyone here:
    Best regards.

8. tbtn

tbtn MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    i don't think they would waste their time to call you out on a lie. you are probably being considered for the job. however, for future reference, don't lie and say you are working somewhere when you aren't. even if you do good at the interview, they'll call your previous employers for recommendations and will find out you were lying.

9. MeaganShoults12

MeaganShoults12 MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2012
    You will get lots of links over your topic. Use Search Engine to sort out your query.

10. mastermind1212

mastermind1212 MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2013
    I think they found something special in you , no matter you were working since last years or not.

11. pompey

pompey MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2013
    excuse me for speaking my mind..
    this looks like archeology to me...
    the thread was started ~one and a half
    years ago..
    the issue will have been decided eons ago..
    so why add to it now???
    @mods; time to close???!

12. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    :idea:I think someone should send him a PM and see if he got the job. :)