Introducing myself to you all

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by brosmith, Dec 26, 2016.

1. brosmith

brosmith MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2016
    I would like to formally introduce myself. My passion is preaching the gospel of Christ. My hobby is computers (well it's more than just a hobby because we have used them to homeschool our children for the last 17 years). I have been a preacher for over 20 years and I have also been a computer geek for about the same amount of time. To me, the greatest book in the world is the King James Bible. And also to me, the greatest operating system in the world is Windows XP Pro SP3. Both of these are considered by many to be antiquated, unreliable, irrelevant, and out-of-touch with modern times, but I believe that the majority opinion is wrong. I consider the King James Bible to be the perfect word of God in the English language and that it will fulfill the greatest need of all mankind through salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ. I also consider Windows XP Pro SP3 to be all that one will ever need to fulfill his computing requirements (that is when it comes to which operating system to use). It is the best operating system for home networking and software installation. Hardware drivers are abundant and it is more Plug and Play than Windows 7. Last but not least, I believe that it is more secure than the so-called "modern" operating systems. "Modern" doesn't necessarily mean the best. The King James Bible has been around for over 400 years. Windows XP Pro SP3 has been around a lot longer than most people thought it would be. Both are still alive and kicking and have faithful followers.

Sincerely,
    brosmith

2. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    It is fine that you like XP SP3, and it is fine you like the King James Version of the Bible. You can talk about XP3 all you want, but find a good Christian forum for your religious viewpoints please. I hope you are enjoying you Winter Solstice Holidays! :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Meat[On]A[Stick]

Meat[On]A[Stick] MDL Junior Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Welcome to MDL! And don't worry, lot's of folks settle for second best.

4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @brosmith: Welcome to MDL :welcome:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    :welcomeani: @ MDL