Involentarily getting in sleep/hybernation mode

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by abvmoose, Aug 20, 2010.

1. abvmoose

abvmoose MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2010
    #1 abvmoose, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
    Hey people,
    I wasnt sure if I should post this here or in the mdl app section but it seems I lack
    priviliges to post there.

I searched around the forums to try to find a solution but I didnt find one.

The problem is that im getting my computer into sleep mode the whole time.

Ive tried changing the settings in power options to never go to sleep/hybernation.

I installed the untouched version of win 7 64 found through the link in the windows 7 repository sticky. Used it for a couple fo hours and then activated it with Daz's 1.9 loader found in the official sticky.

In the beginning the problem werent that big but its getting worse. Now my pc is getting into sleep mode like once every hour. Sometimes I mangage to wake it up by tapping the keyboard or mouse but sometimes that doesnt work and I have to reboot. Now even that doesnt work. I get as far as the splash screen and sometimes the login screen then it's straight back into sleep mode.

Ive managed to log in using safe mode and don't get the problem then. I uninstalled the loader thinking that might have been the problem. Then rebooted and go into windows for a minute or two, just enough to see that the loader had been successfully uninstalled and i was once again not activated THEN I got back into sleep mode again. I also tried the command mentioned in Daz's nfo in repair mode and that didn't seem to help either.

It maybe worth mentoning that I have a Asus rampage extreme 2 motherboard and in the loader installation checked Asus in the branding. Don't know if that makes any difference.

This is my first experience with Windows 7 and I have not used Vista before, I went straight from Xp to 7 so it's possible there might be something obvious Ive overlooked.
    I still don't know if the problem is because of the loader or not.

Im writing this post in safe mode with networking right now and would greatly appreciate any help on this matter

2. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Try installing Drivers for the MB or Check windows update, Then change to MS update- and check option to install updates for everything. Bet its not actually sleep, but a display driver problem. Just a guess.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abvmoose

abvmoose MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2010
    #3 abvmoose, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
    (OP)
    Ok thanks,

It's definatley not only a display issue, I can clearly hear from my harddisks and from activity inside the chassi that the pc goes into
    sleep, its not only the monitor.

I have since my last post, installed latest drivers for my monitor, graphics card and latest firmware to my motherboard.
    Ive also installed all updates from win update except the malware once since ive
    heard it wasnt good. And also installed most updates from Microsoft update exluding
    the language packs.

And I STILL, got this damn problem! It's driving me insane.

Some specs for my system that might be of interest is:

Dell 2408 wfp monito
    asus rampage extreme 2 motherboard
    gtx 295 graphics card from gainward

I also did a hashcheck on the win 7 iso ive downloaded and it check out as clean.

My pc still goes into sleep mode evey now and then and theres nothing I can do about it, Please someone help me here, im going crazy.

Im gonna do a clean install of win 7 again and see if anything changes