iOS Jailbreak Tweak and Themes Post ITT

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by anarchist9027, Apr 13, 2013.

1. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Just curios about what jailbreak tweaks, themes, & repos people are running on their Jailbroken iDevices.

Noticed not a lot of iDevice threads around the forums so I figured why not :D

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Anarchist9027: I have a theory about the lack of responses in this thread.

Either nobody want's to admit that they've jailbroken their apple products.

-or-

Nobody wants to admit that they own apple products.

:dunno:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Probably the second. I'll freely admit the apple products I own: an iPhone 5 and iPad 2; being jailbreakable was a precondition before buying them though. Unjailbroken they are definitely lame and I would be ashamed to admit owning one in such a state.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    Not to mention that Apple wants to charge you an annual fee to develop apps for their products.

Once an apple product is Jailbroken, you can test and run your IOS apps on it without a developer certificate.

5. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Im not scared to admit I have iDevices and I'm damn proud they are jailborken. I'm not a douchebag who thinks hes better than anyone or anything (like most people portrait) but I've loved a jailbroken iOS since it was first released with iOS 1.1.1 and have had them jailbroken ever since :spoton:

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

The easiest 'theory' is missing: Nobody who is a real tech freak owns an apple product and has a customized Android device.

7. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    #7 Michaela Joy, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    @Yen: I forgot about that one. :)

Truth is, I have an Android phone, A MAC Mini and an Ipad 1. The Ipad 1 is seond-hand, but has 64 GB of ram and works quite well for me. I use it for books and music.
    A frend of mine purchased the MAC Mini for me so that I could learn Objective C and Xcode. I despise Apple because they want to charge you $100.00 / Year just to be able to test your apps on your own IOS product(s). It should be free for individuals and corporations should pay.

So naturally, I jailbroke my Ipad and now Apple can go choke on their own socks.

Oh..another thing. A little off topic, but kinda applies because of Apple. I own Cubase 6 and 7 for the PC. So I get to prowl around the steinberg forums. People over there are -pissed- (not drunk...-extremely- angry) because cubase "doesn't work correctly". I did a little counting of problem posts and it seems that the vast majority of angry people are the ones who own Apple products.

Sure, there are one or two Windows people with problems, but the ratio of MAC to PC problems is severely weighted towards Apple.

Oh, and Cubase (both 6 and 7) runs -flawlessly- on my PC. :worthy::orb:

I'm sure glad I don't use Apple. :)

:Miki.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Do you compose? :)
    Steinberg is a great company. I used Cubase SE or SX. It originally comes from the Atari ST platform and had been ported to Apple Macintosh and windows. The old Cubase VST 4.x for instance is a Mac only version.....First they had Cubase VST till version 5 and then they started over to count SX till version 3 and then without letters...

I guess the problem concerning Apple is their restricted OS (driver, interface)... and the apple politics... so the Steinberg programmers do not have the needed info to address the hardware properly...OR apple doesn't make an effort to comply with the specifications...
    Sequencer are very close to the 'hardware'....

Before Intel had the pentium CPU it was not really possible to make music on a windows PC (weak performance). Most used Atari or Macintosh. Nowadays Apple products have degenerated to a status symbol with no extraordinary performance.....

Btw: Do you know Native Instruments? A great company, too. They have good synthesizers.....and I use(d) Traktor DJ to remix music....

When I used Cubase I used simple FM synthesizers, classic instruments...and Reaktor and absynth.....but I have stopped a long time ago.
    From time to time I still remix some music....:)

I have to admit to setup Cubase with some synthesizers and MIDI hardware is not easy...but I got it to work on my old AMD PC....
    Apple people probably have the problem that only 'selected' hardware is supported...

9. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @Yen: Yes, I do compose. :) I have Cubase 6 and 7, Komplete 9 Ultimate and the Arturia V anthology.

So true. My MAC mini is a dual-core 2.6ghz CPU (The fastest that we could get) with 4 GB of RAM and a 5400 rpm hard drive. My brothers' 5 year old laptop has more computing power that the MAC mini :eek:

I wouldn't even dream of using it, or any other MAC for music production.

Oh...on a final note (shameless pun :D ) Cubase installed and ran flawlessly the first time out.

:Miki

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Nice. :)
    I had problems. To install it wasn't a problem...but to configure proper sound output. My relationship with my girlfriend just broke that time...and I tried to escape by doing something creative....:biggrin:.
    So I decided to setup my sound stuff....I remember it well, 3 o clock in the morning....I pushed the keyboard again and again..no sound......hmmm....amplifier is working....enough volume.....then I changed someting I thought it would not have an influence on the output....the next keystroke, bammm.....wow I was horrified, the synthetic synth sound but that loud!!!:biggrin::D
    3 o clock in the morning, it was like an explosion...lol....

Have fun expressing yourself. Music expresses much more than words ever can. :)

11. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Can't you have both? :dunno:

12. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    [quote="Anarchist9027]Can't you have both? :dunno:[/quote]

@Anarchist9027: Of course you can. I own a MAC, an Ipad, an Android phone and a PC.

Each one has its' purpose; the iPad is great for books and music, especially when I'm traveling.
    The phone...well, it's my phone. Nothing too fancy, but functional.

I haven't used the MAC in a while; I got out of IOS development and shelved it.

The PC is for everything else.

I may get a KVM switch and switch between the PC and the MAC.

:Miki.

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    What do you mean? Apple products and Android devices?
    Or to be a tech freak and to have Apple devices only?

To question one: Why not? Although I think one prefers one of both.
    To question two: Actually not. And if yes: To err is human, lol.

Personal opinion: There is an ideology behind that. Android stands for freedom of code and best performance. Apple stands for cool design and for 'I show you what I can afford myself'....
    I myself would never buy an Apple product.
    Anything I do with modding / programming I do because of fun (it is not my profession). After some years of fun with BIOS modding I went to Android modding, app compiling. Last week I have compiled my first own app. :)

I am familiar with the Android OS and the structure of framework / systemUI / sys apks.....anybody has access to source code and can use it. This is an incredible potential which is provided worldwide!
    Apple is nothing compared to that. Monopolies like Apple and M$ have chocked off progress already enough....
    Apple just wants to tie one to fee required services.....this is no freedom...I used to say: Why should I go voluntary into jail to jailbreak after?....:biggrin: