iPhone 6 Flash/Reset without iTunes (IMEI is reported as not stolen)

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by boredherobrine13, Mar 8, 2018.

1. boredherobrine13

boredherobrine13 MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2016
    Hi, So I have an iPhone 6. A close friend of mine purchased it a while ago from a seller on Craigslist. The phone has been "reset" but requires an iTunes account to set it up. Friend has been unable to contact original seller despite best efforts, so he gave the phone to me to see what I can do. I generally work on Android devices, but I told him I'd take a look. I did check to see if the IMEI was reported as stolen, which it is not. Does anyone know if there's a way around Apple security? iTunes will not "restore" it without the original owner's iTunes login. Any google searches for this just yield the usual scam sites. Thought I'd check here to see if anyone actually knows of a real way to do it.

2. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    If you, as a seller, do not deactivate "find my iphone" or whatever it was called and dont deactivate your itunes settings...etc...then you, as a buyer, have a problem now, if you cant reach the seller.
    I never heard of any "solutions" regarding this matter, except for having the original login data / passwords.

Usually if you find or steal an iphone, it will be nothing but a brick to you.
    A "reset" isnt enough to "delete" an iphone. You cant do anything with it, but throw it away.

Which I think is a great security measure. :D

I dont use iphones anymore and this is what I remember.
    Things might have changed over time. Im eager to hear about a solution as well. :p

3. machao_mengqi

machao_mengqi MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2017
    Ass I know we cannot do anything if we don't change the chip of phone. I had a Ipad of friend of my friend and he forget anything about apple ID and password. So it look like locked phone. We are done :(

4. colinzim

colinzim MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2007
    Only good for parts