iphone sim not detected

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by hris, Oct 10, 2007.

1. hris

hris MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2007
    Hello i have a unlocked iphone 1.02.That i got from the US. After a restore my phone does not recognize my sim card any more it tells me that the sim card is not a AT+T card.Thats right, but when i got it it was unlocked and worked perfectly. but due to sound problems when phoning ( i did not hear the caller exept with earepeace or speaker ) i did a restore with 1.02. I must say that it was difficult to find a tutorial that i thougt was the one for me ( there are so many) so now i am stucked there is just the emergency calls that i can make the rest is locked.It dosnt help me much i live in switzerland!!!!so please help me i waant my phone to work again
    Thank you

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    So, obviously, the phone was unlocked in the US, but with your action you deleted the unlock. Now apple has control again ;), so you need a new way to work around that, say get other sim cards working.

And of course, with your restore, you restored original settings. And because a(ss)pple doesn't want you to use other providers than AT&T, nothing else is working.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hris

hris MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2007
    so there is nothing i can do? now with the different resores the phone is going on and off.
    I can get the yellow triangle back, but do not now what to do.
    since i posted the post i have tried to restore 1.02 and jailbreak.
    but jailbreak crashes or cant find the firmware in the downloaded 1.02 files.
    and i dont know anymore what itunes to use. There are so many different opinions on the net.
    i just want one way to do it...if there is a way????

4. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    #4 ancestor(v), Oct 10, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. hris

hris MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2007
    Thank you for your coments and the link i will try this one to i will tell you how it went
    thank you for your help

6. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
  7. hris

hris MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2007
    thank you for your help

8. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    For sure. I've read a few things already and now I think I can answer more precise questions.

Just try the stuff provided, and we will see. Oh, and what I said about the iPhone is my personal opinion formed on what I've seen, read and heard. Maybe Apple was able to correct a few things in the meantime, but the first impression was a swizz...

king regards to switzerland,
    ancestor(v)