IPIBL-LA (Berkeley) (flashing/unlock bios)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Darius0995, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Darius0995

Darius0995 MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012
    I'm completely new to all of this but I'm eager to give this a go as I wish to Overclock my CPU..

So is this possible with this motherboard - (was going to post a link to my motherboard's official page but i need 20 posts :(

Anyway, could I flash my current bios and gain a new bios with overclocking features?

Again, if there's anyway for me to start I'd be grateful for some more info about how I'd go about this.. thanks. :)

2. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2011
    As far as I know the tweaked bios for these particular mother boards, the IPIBL-LA and IPIBL-LB, do not add over clocking options in the bios. The tweaked bios is rebuilt adding the slic 2.1 module, for lack of a better word. The tweaked bios is not changing the core features of the bios. Adding a module as the full bios is assembled from the various pieces is different than tweaking/editing the core of the bios and adding features to that bios.

Maybe someone with the expertise to make custom firmwares could add features but it would cost. As it should. Thinking the value of having overclocking options in the bios is not high enough to justify the cost.

Not 100% sure about that. Just making educated guess.

3. Darius0995

Darius0995 MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012
    Thank you for the informative reply.

Seeing as you're very knowledgeable, I'd love to ask you another question.

I would rather not buy and install a new motherboard just right now, and being as I can't overclock my current CPU, could you recommend the best CPU that is compatible with my motherboard (suitable for gaming) without needing to be overclocked?

4. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2011
    Go to the maker of your mother board's site or someplace trustworthy on-line and look up what is the most powerful and fastest CPU your motherboard supports.