Is 1% per min speed of charging laptop okay?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by kumaramy, Dec 28, 2020.

1. kumaramy

kumaramy MDL Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Hello.
    I have Dell Latitude E5420. I have Linux Fedora installed on it. When I started my laptop i didn't launch any application. Just normal boot and idle system. Ram usage was just 600MB. I noticed the charging speed. My laptop was charging at speed 1% per minute. I have 60W Dell battery.
    So, is this ideal charging speed when system is idle? I am asking this to determine if the power supply is proper.
    Thanks.

2. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    The bes option for you is go to sc and check the whole devices

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    @kumaramy
    It is impossible to answer your questions because no accu-battery (battery) has a capacity in W (in watts). It is also not known how much of this battery still has of its original capacity, ie how old it is.
    It is also not known which charger you are using and what the speed of 1% per minute means.
    In addition, the original chargers for all laptops, tablets, etc. always ship with a stable electric current, and it usually takes 40-45 minutes to charge a new battery with normal capacity.
    The Latitude E5420 original battery has a capacity of 5400 mAh (milliamper hour) and a normal standard voltage of it is 11.1V (Volts).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Actually, dell uses Watt (v x i) for their laptop power supplies.