Is a $600 gaming PC achievable?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Gnatrol, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Gnatrol

Gnatrol MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2015
    I only play Warcraft, so nothing to fancy is needed. I just want to play with 50+fps 1080p, much better than the 4 I'm dealing with now. :)
    I have no idea of what brands or models to buy. I do know what basic parts I'll need though. And I've assembled one before. :/
    TY

2. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    #2 msr, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    Yep, in eu you could build one for that, so i am assuming you could in usa as well. I am assuming thats americas dollars your displaying there.

So yes, you could make a computer capable of playing at least most at highest settings for that price.

I would guess you only need

Motherboard
    cpu
    ram
    graphics card
    psu(possibly if you have not got one powerful enough already)

You can also go with second hand cpus of ebay, save some money, computer parts last these days, and you should not worry about buying seconds today.

But like i said you probably need those parts, i am assuming you have case, monitor etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gnatrol

Gnatrol MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2015
    Ok with that said I know what parts I need generically. Anyone have any suggestions, as to a build within that dollar range...
    And yes American dollars, sorry.

4. Gnatrol

Gnatrol MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2015
    Looking for a $500-$600 PC build...

I play Warcraft, and am using a Dell Inspirion 660. Running at about 4 fps, I have $600 in total and want to build a system that will run at least 60 fps. I need an OS, but do not need any of the other extras. Such as monitor, keyboard, or mouse.
    Any help would be much appreciated. TY
    This is $600 US
    Only thing I will not do is buy anything from Ebay.

5. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    #5 Antilope, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Amazon has a department they call "Warehouse Deals" that re-sells customer returns, open box items, damaged box items, shelf worn items, and just one of a kind old stock, etc with the full Amazon warranty. If you are an Amazon Prime member (I am) everything in the "Warehouse Deals" department is eligible for the Prime 2-day free shipping.

They list all manner of computer parts that have been returned, or are in open or damaged boxes or are just old stock. Sometimes the prices are really good, sometimes not so much. It's like a giant yard sale.

To find this department, go to the Amazon main webpage. Click on "Today's Deals", then click on "Open Box & Used". From there, click on "Electronics", then "Computers & Accessories".

Once in the Warehouse Deals department, you can search for individual computer parts, like "hard drives", "ssd drives", "memory", etc.

==================

If it were not a gaming computer I would say take a look at Dell refurbished computers at Dell Financial Services. They refurbish and re-sell returned from lease business computers. They sell refurbished Dell Optiplex, Dell Precision business computers and Dell business laptops. Really solidly built for a basic home computer compared to the basic consumer Dell computers. Fatwallet always has coupons for substantial discounts on these Dell refurbished computers. I bought a $400 Optiplex for $240 after using a coupon. But people say they are not the best for use as gaming computers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    #7 Antilope, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    I don't know how good this is, but Amazon Warehouse deals currently has a Lenovo K450e Gaming Desktop (57330819) for $650. Amazons regular price is $999 and New Egg's is $1,299.

Go to Amazon and search for this number "ASIN B00N8042A8". Click on the $650 price below the $999 prices, it says, "Item is in original, pristine packaging."

7. Gnatrol

Gnatrol MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2015
    Any suggestions on what power supply and card?

8. Gnatrol

Gnatrol MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2015
    I got it figured out I believe. I have a 500 watt power supply already, and a power supply is a power supply. Then I can buy the Nvidia GeForce GT 640 for 70 bucks. Thanx a lot for the info LatinMcG

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    id go for at least 650 or 660 . .. the 640 is lacking gaming power some. def 660 and u can move to new pc in future.

10. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    #11 Antilope, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  11. Warmonger

Warmonger MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012