Is is common to see this at boot up in an AIO?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pawgod, Apr 7, 2013.

1. pawgod

pawgod MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    whenever i boot up my AIO bootable usb (a premade one) it shows "Windows Setup [EMS enabled]" and under it "x64 recovery mode" what does the EMS mean, and is it normal for All in One's?
    And since my computer is 32bit ive never been able to try out what x64 recovery does, is it basically the same like the recovery options that you get in the installer screen? (WinRE) or is it something with loads more options like DaRT?

2. pawgod

pawgod MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    Thank You! i thought it meant its corrupt or something haha
    so you mean whenever someone goes through the setup of the installer and chooses to repair the system he only gets the 32bit recovery console, even if the computer is 64bit? thats why the "x64 recovery mode" is given its own entry at boot because it cant stay with the 32bit one at the installer page?

3. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Using the main entry ''Repair'', you will get the 32bit RE only. This one cannot repair 64bit installations, and the 64bit one cannot repair 32bit. Thus the second entry exists.
    Note I spoke about installations. Even on a 64bit machine, the OS can be 32bit (but not vice versa). You need to use the RE that matches the OS architecture.

Users with 32bit intentions use the main entry for both setup and repair. 64bit users use the main entry for setup, and the x64 recovery one for repair.

The EMS thing is in original MS DVDs as well, but only when creating the AIO you make it visible by adding a second entry and a timeout to the PE bootloader.