Is it already too late for MS to blacklist?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by enigmatiX, Sep 6, 2009.

1. enigmatiX

enigmatiX MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2008
    Just curious if it's already too late for Microsoft to blacklist (or threaten to) the newer keys that were released after the first leaked Lenovo key.

The Lenovo key (for the first set of activators) seemed to be leaked before the OEM deployed it, resulting in Microsoft threatening to blacklist the key. I suppose it would depend on the timetable for OEM installations, MS can't really screw over tens of thousands of people (can they?) by blacklisting a key much closer to release, right?

Have they even blacklisted the original Lenovo key yet? I haven't checked yet with Windows Update ;)

2. psi

psi MDL Junior Member

Aug 8, 2007
    I think from now its too late... For sure the oem today have many many pc ready to ship :D

Its not in October they do that: install, Packaging and labeling, distribution, storage and then in October 22, sale.

Have Fun

3. hiphopboy

hiphopboy MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2008
    Nothing's too late :D

4. jjkkll

jjkkll MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    Its Never too late, until windows 7 hits the shelves M$ Can do what they like, but a trip to a PC store on release day with magicjelly bean solves all problems.

5. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Who is really going to do that? lol

Who knows when all the new computers have been put into boxes and sealed for delivery in oct, then its too late.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jjkkll

jjkkll MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    LOL

But that is one way of guaranteeing that the OEM key you are using will not get blacklisted.

7. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    im sure a lot of people will

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    JJKKLL, i thought about doing that too. Have you ever tried doing it?

9. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    You will find out here and other places many keys i would assume. Maybe from people that are doing and are going to do what was said here.

the way i see it, if you have no key, just do the rearming, and you just need to reinstall 3 times a year. No one is that busy that you cannot spare 3 hours each time, and your done.

10. beardy

beardy MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2008
    #10 beardy, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
    Good advice,all you need to do is back everything up, and off you go:D

11. jjkkll

jjkkll MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    or if you use a backup it will take about half an hour.

Or just use an OEM key and still reinstall/restore a fresh install, like you should do 3 times a year.

12. techtr

techtr MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Everything is possible :)