Is it just me or does Windows 8 SUCK?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by berryracer, Jan 4, 2012.

?

Do you like the new Windows 8 Interface?

1. Yes

40.8%
  2. No

59.2%
  1. berryracer

berryracer MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2011
    I installed Windows 8 last night and reverted back to Windows 7 in less than an hour!

I liked the fact that most my Toshiba Satellite Laptop drivers were automatically installed including the ATI Radeon HD5650 drivers which I had to install separately usually.

But thing I hated and couldn't imagine living with was the fact that when you click Start Button, you no longer see the usual start menu but get this ugly and annoying Start screen that looks like it was made with Tablet PCs in mind, but very annoying and hard to get used to for the people who are used to the old XP / Vista / 7 start menu.

It took me sometime to even figure out where was the Windows Updates button until I had to actually search for it :rolleyes:

Does anyone feel the same?

What are your opinions about Windows 8?

2. segobi

segobi MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    its just you who thinks win8 sucks...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    W8 is made for tablets keeping tablets in mind...

4. pezzonovante

pezzonovante MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #4 pezzonovante, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    It's just you. Windows 8's Start Screen is FAR better than the old Start Menu. This has been proven in several blog posts in the Building Windows 8 blog. The new Start Screen lets you do everything faster and with less clicks than the old Start Menu.

Windows 8 is NOT made for tablets. Metro is NOT a tablet UI. Windows 8 and Metro have been made for desktops, laptops AND tablets. It works just as well with a mouse and keyboard as it does with touch. I have been using the Windows 8 DP from day one as my primary OS, and I hardly ever use Windows 7 any more. And Beta will make things even better.

5. SmirgeliS

SmirgeliS MDL Junior Member

Aug 20, 2010
    If you don't like Win8, don't ever install again it if even it goes to Beta or RTM :) Stay with Win7 or better go back to XP, cos everyone says: "XP are cool, Win7 sucks and so on"... How people can't understand that world get never technologies... If XP so cool OS, why we not living in Stone Age? M? :)

6. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    No, actually, it is not. Please speak only for yourself.

7. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Again, speak for yourself. Not everyone is a rabid fanboi. Metro, imho, sucks ass mightily.

8. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Definitely not, it does SUCK!!!
    There not very original and need to get over the past!!!:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    yes,it really sucks!!! it's not just you:D

10. mikedl

mikedl MDL Member

Aug 24, 2011
    #10 mikedl, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
    I dunno, I find it rather easier to navigate.
    I find the programs I want take fewer clicks and, if I want the old Start menu, well, it's still there.

Not sure what the issue is for y'all who are hatin' on Win8. o_O

Additionally, I find the Metro Apps pretty cool and, largely, unobtrusive with a multiple monitor setup.

11. berryracer

berryracer MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2011
    Easier to find?

I used to press START, then go to my pictures, videos, docs, easily.

Now I have to open Explorer, then click on the folder from the left pane.....very annoying...

and the new Control Panel is GAY!

I always end up scrolling down to the end and hitting more options to get the normal control panel.....

how is that less clicks? :rolleyes:

12. mikedl

mikedl MDL Member

Aug 24, 2011
    #12 mikedl, Jan 5, 2012
    LOL! You installed it one day and then left it immediately (according to your prior posts).

Had you stuck around, you would have figured all that out.

BTW, the "GAY" slur is entirely uncalled for.

I take it you are, what, about 12 years old?

And clueless (well, considering you had no idea about the difference between the developer tools build and the regular Win8 8102 DP build downloads)?

13. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    #13 ricktendo64, Jan 5, 2012
    I understand and like the direction they are going with Windows 8 I just dont get why it has to be soooooooooooo friken (flat and) ugly

Off Topic: I wanna say something about the ever so changing definition of the word "gay", not so long ago it meant "happy", then it meant "homosexual", now its something you say when you mean "bad" or "stupid"...so dont take the fact that he meant it as a slur its just words changing meaning or having multiple definitions like dope, sick, etc.

14. mikedl

mikedl MDL Member

Aug 24, 2011
    #14 mikedl, Jan 5, 2012
    Off Topic still, you're, what, 12 years old also (same as berryracer)?

15. mikedl

mikedl MDL Member

Aug 24, 2011
    As an off-side comment (and, still off-topic), I can understand when those on this forum use improper English or improper sentence structure but when those who appear to be of the English speaking persuasion use epithets and adolescent references pretend to have a voice here, I have to call it out.

On-topic, use the Win8 UI for more than a day and get back to me, OK, berryracer.

And, BTW, it doesn't "SUCK" as you attempted to so eloquently present in your opinion and poll, berryracer.

Again, are you really 12? If so, Mom and Dad should really keep an eye on what you are posting on a public forum.

16. Jaycee13

Jaycee13 MDL Senior Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Open Explorer > Computer > select Control Panel in the Ribbon. That's it.

17. KadeMan

KadeMan MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2011
    Can't... stop... chuckling...
    NOW END THE OFF TOPIC-ING AND ENJOY HAVING OPINIONS :cool:

18. fardeen

fardeen MDL Member

May 11, 2010
    my main complain with windows 8 is the big ugly start "button" in the task bar... and using the start menu to choose what programs i want to run breaks the line of sight when using a num of prog, it sucks

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    W8 sucks.
    It is a product of inability to be first with innovations and hence a poor copy of ideas. In fact nobody needs it and it looks ugly.

Clever people who are up to date and don't remain in stone age already are using w7 at corporate PCs and Android on tablets / mobiles to have apps and the greatest market.
    Those who live in stone age are waiting for the w8 release, in the meatime they are missing all the fun others already are experiencing with the good stuff available already.

My 2 cents about stone age

20. Windows4live

Windows4live MDL Addicted

Jan 31, 2011
    Yen won't pay a Yen for for Windows 8! :roflmao: