Is it poss to see if slic is in bios B4 flashing ??

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by sadsack, Mar 8, 2012.

1. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hi all,

Tried to keep the Title as short as possible, sorry about that.

But I am going to be doing some work shortly on a Dell Inspiron 530 tower, which I guess has never had a bios update since it has been purchased, (a few years ago now).
    Well I just wanted to know if it was possible to see if the latest Bios (Which I have already downloaded) already has the slic 2.1 inside it.

I already know how to use RW and other programs after bios update, but just wanted to know if I could unpack the bios and Look for a Hex location to see if the slic is there.

Thanks chaps for taking the time out to read this post.

all the best
    sadsack

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Use andyp's bios modding tools; after opening the bios with the tools, it should report about existing SLIC :)

3. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Thanks Tito,
    I also sent a thanks to yourself & serg008 for the help you both gave me with the Clevo E5125, ....... (I've just realized you have already seen it).... ooops
    Thanks for the info, will come in very useful next Monday when I've got to pick up a Dell 530.

all the best
    sadsack

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I also posted some info about Inspiron 530 bios modding ;)

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ sadsack, make sure you use the DOSFLASH.bat to flash in link provided by Tito because using wrong switches with inspiron 530 can result in loss of MAC address in bios.

7. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Thanks Tito & urie,

Saved both the bios and the webpage for future use.

Yes I did read about the loss of MAC address..... That's why I wanted to see what kind of slic is on the p.c. before I do anything, and also to unpack the latest bios to see what type of slic is on there as well.

Thanks chaps
    sadsack