Is it possible to convert .exe file into .pdf file?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Comandante, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Comandante

Comandante Guest

Hi guys,

I found this info on yahoo answer : http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110317193747AADbRAJ simply says:

"If you want to make an EXE file into a PDF document, use a Hex Viewer and take the hex dump into a text file and convert it into PDF using some software like Open Office"

but then I have no idea, what is hex dump, how I can take it to text file (notepad?). any help would be appreciated.
    The .exe file (flash ebook, .swf) was created from pdf files.
    Thanks

2. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #2 Mr Jinje, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    Who's machine are you trying to 'infect' that you need to encapsulate your .exe as an innocent looking .pdf ?

3. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    There is no doubt pdfs have security issues with them but I see no reason why you would convert an executable to a pdf. Perhaps I am missing something but hacking using a pdf is very high on the lame schedule lol.

4. Comandante

Comandante Guest

thanks for the replies but why you thought that I would infect a file. I attribute this inherence of the forum. lol:)

Even I do not know what hex dump but in between search a bit more and found HxD, but still not sure which part is hexdump, there are 16 binary row, something like this and unreadable text. stuck there.

just I need to print out pdf files. If there is a way please share the knowledge, and please do not make assumption.

5. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #5 Mr Jinje, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    Open file with HxD, Hex is the part in the middle. Click the middle part, then Hit Ctrl + A followed Ctrl + C to copy to clipboard. (your first Hex Dump) Then open your txt file and paste that in. Simple.

6. spencer09

spencer09 MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2013
    It seems that there is a software can do that .maybe you can google it.