is it possible to install UBUNTU with win7 !!help plz!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kittu8_in2002, Oct 1, 2009.

1. kittu8_in2002

kittu8_in2002 MDL Junior Member

Sep 22, 2009
    hello guys i have already installed win7 ultimate 7600 . Last night i downloaded ubuntu as its a open source OS and thought of trying it once.So is it possible to have UBUNTU along with pre installed WIN7. if there is any other way plz suggest!

2ndly can any 1 tell me is it also possible to run MAC OS X white leopard to install on my system, my config is AMD 5200+, 2gb ram, ASUS m2a-mx motherboard along with Sparkle 9400gt 1gb graphics.
    I heard that AMD processors are a big no ! and if in any case its yes ( even for the last version for MAC OS x 1.5 ) do send me the torrent links if possible. and the method.

I HAVE ALREADY HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE SHARING MY PROBLEM WITH YOU HI-TECH BUDDIES ....YOU ALL WERE OF GREAT HELP THANX FOR IT!:):D
    AM SURE I AM ALREADY ON THE WAY TO GET MORE KNOWLWDGE ! U GUYS ROCK :D:)

2. dlonra

dlonra MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    #2 dlonra, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    dual boot

I think you should post in the Linux section of this forum. Even better: ask this question in the Ubuntu Forum. Anyway, I run Ubuntu 9.04 together with Win7.

First you have to make some free/unpartitioned space. I normally use GParted live-cd (you can the Ubuntu-cd also). When you're installing (after a try out of the live-cd) choose for advanced disk partitioning. Make 3 partitions:

1- Root ("C-drive") with mounting point / . Make it about 20 Gb.
    2- Swapspace with mounting point Swaparea. Make it about 2 Gb.
    3- Home ("documents and settings on D-drive") with mounting point /Home. Make it as large as you want.

Make 1 and 3 as ext4 filesystem (in Windows NTFS). After reboot you wil have an extra Grub menu to choose which OS you start. If you do not choose, Ubuntu will start. You can change this with EasyBCD (install in Win7).

OSX is for Apple only. There illigal versions around (iAtkos, iDeneb, iPC, Kalyway, Leo4All). I was not able to install iPC in a proper manner. Many drivers are still missing.

3. iakinthos

iakinthos MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    For Ubuntu you can use wubi.
    It let you install Ubuntu inside the Windows and you can delete it anytime you want, like a normal programm you have in your system.
    Wubi is good because let you try Ubuntu, before you install it in other disk or partition;)