Is Microsoft Spying on me ???? Please Help !!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by santoshcoolhere, Dec 21, 2009.

1. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
  2. jbysmith

jbysmith MDL Junior Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Did you do an upgrade, or install without a reformat? Might be left over security descriptors from an older Windows installation. I had the same on my storage (non OS) drives that were formatted under XP originally; In 7 now, and it shows them being owned by an unknown account, which is my old XP account. Nothing that a "take ownership" didn't fix. Also did a chkdsk to correct any invalid security descriptors as well.

3. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Do you have two OSs in the same machine? If so, the SID is created when you access the folders from another Windows installation (not the current).

This represents a user that does not exist in your windows installation. It could represent a user on a different installation of Windows. This can be expected if the file was created in another Windows installation.

To remove this SID, you need to know from where it originate. Go up to the parent folder, and check to see if it is there as well, and keep doing that until you either find a folder that doesn't have that permission or you hit your hard drive.

Once you find out where the permission originates at, you should be able to remove it from that location's permission list by going to the security tab,
    clicking the edit button, clicking the permission, and clicking remove.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I think M$ is spying on you - they have thousands of employees with nothing better to do than spy and identify all pirated copies of Windows users to place on Santa's naughty list.

They're coming to take me away ha ha.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
  6. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Bill's my Hero-weenie....without Bill i'd be stuck with a Macintosh that could only run 7 different apple programs TOTAL, and besides Bill likes pirates, he knows they build up customer bases.

Jeff Raikes, a Microsoft executive, stated that "If they're going to pirate somebody, we want it to be us rather than somebody else." He also added that "We understand that in the long run the fundamental asset is the installed base of people who are using our products. What you hope to do over time is convert them to licensing the software."

As long as they are going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade.
    —Bill Gates

(not certain about the bill gates quote just to qualify it)

7. Boops

Boops MDL Addicted

Jan 5, 2008
    It is PS3, XBOX....

8. michael8097

michael8097 MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2008
    don't bother,leave it there

9. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    hey thnk u guys 4 ur replies.........i dont have ny xp installed on my PC its just win7...hey genuine555 i think dat solves my issues....thnk u all once again.....:)
    Happy Christmas in advance to you all.....may god bless you.