Is my pc too slow for playing 720p and 1080p without gpu acceleration?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by JP777, Jul 8, 2013.

1. JP777

JP777 MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2013
    I have a problem with 720p and 1080p Mkv-s in Vlc,. While i m playing 720p and 1080p mkv is in vlc they are stuttering and lagging on some part of the movie. When i turned on the gpu acceleration the stuttering and lagging is gone. then i tried the same filles play in several other players with and without gpu acceleration if they had the option for gpu acceleration.The players were MPCHC,Gom player,KMPlayer,PotPlayer,BSplayer,Zoom player and smplayer.MPC.-HC,BSPlayer, Zoom player,KMPlayer, Potplayer,played the video on the same part as vlc without stuttering( no matter if it's gpu enconding on or off) and in gom and smplayer the video was sttutering. I also tried reinstalling pc and updating drivers but the sittuations is the same. My questions are:
    1. why are the mkv lagging in vlc when is gpu acceleration turned off), gom player and Smplayer but they are not lagging in others players with or without gpu acceleration turned off?
    2. Is my pc too slow for playing 720p and 1080p without gpu acceleration? or is it just a problem in vlc, Smplayer, gom?
    3. Which of this all players schould i use for video playback and how schould i configure them for best settings?
    4. Is my pc fast enough for using madvr?
    Please answer to all questions!
    My pc configuration is: CPU- Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8H61-MX R2.0
    Gpu: MSI Radeon Hd 7750 1GB DDR 5 (R7750-1GD5/OC)
    Ram : 8 gb

2. JP777

JP777 MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2013
    The stuttering happens in vlc, gom and smplayer

3. sasatechno

sasatechno MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2013
    hi friend in my opinion @wtarkan sharing that link is useful for solve your problem.

4. MrKaon

MrKaon MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. JP777

JP777 MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2013
    I tested with mpc-hc in cccp codec pack and the stuttering doesn't happen. I again tested in Gom and the stuttering happen(only on the one part in movie). Is it better to use mpc in cccp codec pack or the mpc in klite or the standard mpc-hc?

Attached Files:

6. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Your comp should easily play any video file.

Make sure you use the latest driver for your gpu.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. JP777

JP777 MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2013
    I have the latest drivers for gpu and motherboard