Is Office 2010 validation available?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by RogerI, Jul 31, 2010.

1. RogerI

RogerI MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2009
    My copy of Office 2010 has been activated using MAK key, but cannot be validated in the MS web. It reported that no office product is found.
    Anybody face know the answer, please

2. mrthuvi

mrthuvi MDL Member

Apr 2, 2008
    OGA for office 2010 is not yet ready.

3. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    And if you have used one leaked MAK key, it may be validated in the beginning, but you can be sure that MS blacklist the key after some time. I think it took about one or two months from Windows 7 was released to they activated their WGA program. And it took almost a year before they blacklisted several thousand MSDN/Technet licenses that was sold and/or made available on the internet.
    Using a leaked key will always put you in the risk of one day get a "Non genuine" message, thats for both Windows 7 and Office 2010.

4. Anakunda

Anakunda MDL Senior Member

Feb 6, 2010
    It's hardly thinkable leaked OEM key gets blacklisted if thousands of legitim users are activated thru the same key. Think about these thousands of legit users as yours hostages.

5. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    The OP used a MAK key, thats not an OEM key. A MAK key can be blacklisted, it has happend several times before, and will happen again. You'r talking about OEM SLP keys, and thats a different story.

6. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    Office Genuine Advantage Validation for Office 2010 not ready yet you have to wait....

7. RogerI

RogerI MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2009
    All,

I know now. Why the product already marketed for sometime, the GAV for Office 2010 has not been done.
    MAK can be blacklisted, it seems the KMS server activation is more stable.

8. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    to be perfectly honest i would imagine its only a matter of time before your MAK key gets blacklisted (unless you're lucky). My advice ...... buy a legit key or use KMS. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    So true. Never trust a "wild" MAK key or Retail key. I have followed a leaked Windows 7 Enterprise key for some days now, and it has gone from 10.091 activations to 6.344 in 13 days. Actually strange that's MS has not blocked that key already. All that uses that key gets activated and "genuine" now, but as soon as MS blacklist that key, all goes "non genuine". The same with leaked Office 2010 keys also.

10. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    I know what you mean. I had a key that was valid for 10 activations on 10 machines, used it four times. Before i knew the four machines i activated were non-genuine :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. mrthuvi

mrthuvi MDL Member

Apr 2, 2008
    What's the fuss with blacklisted MAK key?

First of all, if he can still activate office 2010 with that MAK key, it hasn't been blocked yet/ MS has not found out about it yet.

Second, what if it get blacklisted? It's most likely that there won't be anything affect your activation status of Office. Unlike Windows'WGA, OGA is NOT delivered through windows update, and all the updates can be acquire through automatic update WITHOUT OGA. Infact, to get OOGA installed and check your office's genuine, you have to go MS website and install OGA yourself!

Third, OK, i admit that some people used a pirate VL key of office and yet, they still go to the genuine site and installed OGA. What would happen? Okay, a IE windows appear, tell you that you are using non-genuine office and tell you to buy a key. Checked. What's next? Nothing! You can still use office and your office still stays activated! No nag screen, zip, none. At least that's the case with office 2007. It still has full fuctions like a genuine office, what's more you can ask about?

12. mydigitallifeforum

mydigitallifeforum MDL Junior Member

Apr 25, 2010
    guys, quit worrying!

i'm sure daz will make something similar to the loader,
    something that can make office 2010 genuine.

right, daz?

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Well, DAZ's work related to OEM activation. But none but the Starter edition of Office 2010 uses OEM activation.... :confused:

14. shahzill

shahzill MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2010
    How to activate this version of office 2010 its beta version i want to activate it permanently is there any solution for it

its office v14.0.4514.1004

15. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  16. Anakunda

Anakunda MDL Senior Member

Feb 6, 2010
    so shall I expect somedays come my Office activated by personal MAK key I never given away deactivated??

17. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    No, if you have got a MAK key from MSDN/Technet or Microsoft or something like that, you will never be deactivated. But if this is a MAK key several other people have, and somebody share the key on the internet, then you can expect it be deactivated.

18. mrthuvi

mrthuvi MDL Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Keys from MSDN/Technet are retail keys, not MAK keys.
    And, for the past 7 years, with office 2003, office 2007, MS didn't try to deactivate any office product, whether they pass OGA or not.

19. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    If you have a Microsoft Volume Licensing agrement you can get MAK keys. And you get MAK keys to other programs like Windows Server 2008/R2 and Windows 7 Enterprise/Pro from Technet/MSDN...