Is RemoveWAT The Best Way?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DasFox, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Is RemoveWAT the best way to get away from activation?

It's tough to know what to use when there is so much out there, so personally I was just trying to find a key that might work, but with no luck finding a key I ran across RemoveWAT which looked really good.

THANKS

2. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    If u want to get away from activation and also don't want to get a genuine windows the "proper" way then RemoveWAT or Chew7 is ur best bet.

3. Chriss71

Chriss71 MDL Member

Feb 22, 2008
    #3 Chriss71, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
    I hope Hazar will not kill me, but I think its the worst solution.

Form from best to worse: Bios Mod, Loader (the best I think is from Daz because the Bootloader is crypted as I know, correct me if I am wrong), secr9tos OEM Driver (which I think is easy to kill from MS) then the other solution like Chew-WGA and RemoveWAT.
    ITS MY OPINION NOT A FACT which Hazar has pointed my nose there (and he is right!).

4. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Everyone is allowed an opinion it's just people saying it as fact that annoys me

5. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    #5 secr9tos, Feb 19, 2010
    Well it's ur opinion and we all have to accept that BUT u should not forget that zsmin is the original author of the loader itself. Indeed Daz did some great work but there are also other "solutions" than just the loader. E.g a bios mod, my oem-drv or RemoveWAT & Chew7. All three types use an other approach and try to achieve the same goal in the end: get the end-user ( for example u ) a genuine Windows 7 for free. U should keep that in mind....

6. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    #6 DasFox, Feb 19, 2010
    (OP)
    I thought that all Windows versions are the same, all you needed was a key to get them installed/activated and as far as updates were concerned and appearing genuine you just used a WGA crack was all...

P.S. Bios Mod sounds scary to me, I'd worry about this messing up the bios, causing hardware problems with corruption, etc...

Personally I'd rather mess with this on the software level of the OS, seems a lot safer.

7. Chriss71

Chriss71 MDL Member

Feb 22, 2008
    #7 Chriss71, Feb 19, 2010
    Dear secr9tos!

Oops, I forgot your OEM Driver (which is the same way as Paradox makes the first real Vista Crack). Sorry. Will edit my post.
    And of course I dont forget the great zsmin and all others for doing here a great job.
    Hazar dont get annoying, you also do a great job here for sure. You have my respect.

8. Stormcrow

Stormcrow MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Your understanding is woefully inadequate.
    Spend some time reading on this forum and learn how windows activates.
    It's not just about using a key.

Windows uses a couple of different methods to activate, depending on the type of windows product you have.

Retail / MSDN/ OEM:COA keys activate by contacting MS either on-line or by phone.
    OEM:SLP keys activate themselves, so long as they are installed on the OEM's hardware.

The whole deal here on this forum is tricking OEM:SLP keys that they are indeed on the OEM hardware when they are really not.

The way to trick them is because the look at the BIOS.
    ( in patricular, they look for the SLIC table in the BIOS. )

So to perform this trick, you need to either:
    - Modify your real bios to include the SLIC ( so-called 'hard mod' ); or
    - Use a 'Loader' which runs before windows starts, and inserts an emulated SLIC into memory

So what to choose?
    The basic choices, in order of preference ( MY preference):

1) BIOS Mod. Closest to the real thing, no modification of system files. Least likely to be detected, none so far, but who knows in future.

2) Recent version loader. Does not change system files, but possibly detectable. Older loaders more likely to be detected than newer.

3) Activation hacks. Modifies system files: most likely to be detected, some detected now, and also may impact system functionality.

--
    SC

9. Chriss71

Chriss71 MDL Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Stormcrow: same preferences as I wrote.:D

10. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010

My bad I made an error on my part when posting, forgetting to point out the differences in versions, yes I know the differences between the versions, Retail and OEM, I'm just saying that if you could find a key that worked, then I thought all you needed was a WGA crack...

By the way I don't care for updates, I only do the Service Packs, so shouldn't 'RemoveWAT' be good enough?

11. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    A loader is in my opinion the easiest and safest way to go using software alone. The reason I say this is everyone raves about making sure you download an "untouched" ISO so you are sure the Windows you install is "genuine" windows files AND then you deliberately PATCH those files to circumvent Activation - seems a little contradictory to me.

No insult intended but in a computer program as complicated as an operating system no one including Microsoft can guarantee the side effects of patching system files and many unforseen complications do arise.

That said I have frequently used patches BUT not these ones - a loader simply adds some processes to the boot system. I don't use one at the moment and haven't downloaded the WAT update so I can't comment on whether it disables them BUT I would be prepared to bet it doesn't.
    BIOS mods are great if you get the right one and you know how to update your BIOS - have modified several without problems BUT stuffed my first attempt years ago because I got an ASUS A8N-SLI modified BIOS instead of an ASUS A8N32-SLI BIOS - result - send away for warranty repair - OK once using right one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Nvm, for me it is not important if someone uses my driver or not. I mean if someone tends to Daz loader fine or RemoveWAT is also ok for me. I just wanted to express that every method has advantages and disadvantages as well but nothing should be treated as garbage or sh*t.

Every dev e.g Hazar put a lot of work in their particular way of bypassing windows activation. Another example: nobody should think that Chew7 is just a simple "file-replacer" or such which is completely wrong. A lot of hours have been spent to improve the tool and disassembling windows components.

Well Chriss71 I did not react to ur opinion coz I respect it as it is which in fact should everybody do. I just did not like the way of contrast between "good program & bad program".

Finally: "If someone thinks an activation tool is a worse solution do not hesitate to post some improvement thoughts of ur own. Nobody is perfect, same goes for the tools..."

13. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    #13 DasFox, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    (OP)
    Well RemoveWAT is the first thing of it's kind I've ever used in Windows...

Like I said before I don't care to do any of the updates, I'll just install the Service Packs is all when they come along, so if RemoveWAT will keep it from yelling about needing to be activated down the road then I'm happy...

So what, RemoveWAT could cause other problems with the OS?

14. Chriss71

Chriss71 MDL Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Dear secr9tos: Sorry but I have to answer. First of all: I have NEVER treatned your driver, or CHEW-WGA or RemoveWAT is garbage or sh*t.
    So, for me it is clear that I dont want to patch any system files which I dont know the side effects. The better solution is up to your solution (which is a driver). Also the solution with a loader is good.
    The Royal solution is a Biosmod. As long as Win 7 lives with a Biosmod you will be on the safe side.
    So, please insinuation things I didnt have written, OK?

15. omdhar

omdhar MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Thats Correct....:p

16. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I still have difficulty believing Microsoft continued to allow the OEM companies to dictate they (M$) continue with the SLIC activation method after all the noise they (M$) made about how they were going to wipe out piracy with first Vista and then 7 and they allowed the same type of workaround that resulted in outright Vista piracy in 7.

Go figure !

I guess without the "Royalty" OEMs Microsoft's almost monopoly in desktop OSs would be over.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Mindboggling..isn't it?!

...and yeah! none of us IMHO think any solution is bad let alone crap - we appreciate all the work being done by all the devs here - Much respect especially to Hazar who's borne the brunt...

18. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    no thats not true either. a bios mod could do more damage if you dont know what your doing, so really the only way to get windows without worrying about anything is to go out and buy it.......

19. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Whatever method one decides to use, purpose to use Windows without giving a penny to M$ while enjoying full rights (updates, support, features etc.). Choose what u thing is the best. Until SP1, most things (cracks, loaders, mods etc.) should work fine.

20. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    I believe that RemoveWAT or Chew7 come third in hierarchy after Bios Mod and Loaders as they are more vulnerable to M$’s antipiracy policies.