Is The Activation Method For XP Similar to Win7 Slic ???

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by suta, Apr 11, 2010.

1. suta

suta MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2009
    Hello, My MotherBoard has already modded with slic, on win7 its simple, just run cmd load the patch and then insert the key, but why winxp seem so complex? did i miss out anything? how can i activate winxp like the way i activate win7?

2. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. suta

suta MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2009
    it's too complex for me, why is windows XP so troublesome? can you guide me through the baby step to activate XP to make it recognize that i'm using an OEM system. just like windows 7?

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    READ the stickies, or is reading complicated as well?

You have ALL the info & ALL the tools avilable

Honestly XP activation is p**s easy

sebus

5. blackranger

Dec 28, 2009
    #5 blackranger, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
    agree, I wonder why this guy added my MSN and claim XP is more troublesome than 7.
    i mean i dont mind he added my MSN (WLM) but i mind his strange questions...
    he wants to learn XP but seems he learn no basic.

I really don't understand why he is asking so many about those useless stuffs :(,
    a loader does everything for him ;):biggrin:
    hope he grows up :cool:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008

This is exactly the point..........gets old after a while, huh brother?

Vista and W7 are difficult without the mod tools we have developed with AndyP..he has no Idea what complicated is, apparently.

7. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    OK, put simply, if you want to activate XP ala OEM you have to have the set of OEMBIOS files for the SLP string you have in your BIOS, and an SLP key for XP. Think of those files as being the cert, the key being the SLP key, and the SLP string being the SLIC.

Or just use a VLK and do the hosts fix lol.

8. blackranger

Dec 28, 2009
    I think Hazar you have to explain further 'coz suta seems to be new to XP and 7 :D

9. lhgeek

lhgeek MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    Is there any way to integrate SLP 1.0 into grldr and make an XP Loader?
    This would help scenarios where the bios does not contain the OEM SLP.

10. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Probably, although i doubt anyone is going to invest time in it
    Just add the SLP 1.0 string into the DMI area of your bios using available tools, this unlike a SLIC table can be done without harming your PC system

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Not possible without effort....the valid area for such strings is read only after P.O.S.T.