Is the new MS Anti Virus a threat??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Airclocker, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Can MS use their new Anti Virus to detect and block the usage of W7 loaders; especially through the virus definitions updates?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pezzonovante

pezzonovante MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    No, it can't. I am using MSE with Daz's Loader and everything is fine.

3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    No - strangely enough M$ always announce any antipiracy measures up front - they do not try to sneak anything through.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    I honestly think they could-seeing that W7 is their own product. They could use every coding each loader has to devise a walkthrough: they have access to every loader.

5. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    I was wondering about Windows Defender. LOL.

6. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    MSE will detect the dll used in "antiwpa3" for XP.

MRT will remove some loaders.

Although Daz's newer loaders use some form of custom encryption, the fact that the computer boots without asking for a password means it would probably be possible to decrypt it

7. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    More to the point and not wishing yo hijack the thread but why use MSE anyway ? I really dont have a good opinion on this AV.

8. pezzonovante

pezzonovante MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    MSE is by far the best AV for Windows 7. It's absolutely safe to use MSE with Daz Loader.

9. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    So it is safe to use MSE on a cracked windows 7?

10. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Well if you are really worried on that count, you should turn off windows updates too because there too, you are handshaking with MS.

11. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    I don't think m$ would do that coz MSE is designed to be an av only. WAT was created to deal with "pirated" versions of Windows 7.

12. Project51

Project51 MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2010
    My first post. Though I've been lurking this forum since the release of Win7.

I've been using MSE since then and have no problem. I'm using the 64-bit edition.

I used AVG Free before, then switch to Avast. And finally to MSE :biggrin:

13. wetpuppy

wetpuppy MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2010
    It is safe to use Microsoft Security essentials on any kind of windows (cracked or not)

Why not address the mater this way: - Are those cracks that one applies to windows safe to us, taking into account that we don't know what they do to our system?

Anyway most of us trust them...

Just think wise and make your mind Microsoft it's not the antichrist?

.../

14. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Ummm your kinda making an assumption that everybody has released his or her loader that they have...
    So I think its safe to say at this point if daz's thing got blocked then he would just release a different version which could get around it...

15. anarchyg

anarchyg MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2010
    Hi,

If you are using the original windows 7 then you can prefer to use MSE, but if it is pirated version then you may face a lot of problem. First of all while using the pirated version you have to block the automatic update, don't do update of any Microsoft software and if your PC is affected by virus have the third party Anti virus software rather than an of MS.

16. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Really no need at all to block updates, only wat can be dangerous. But at this moment it's still all under control cause we know which cracks it takes down and which not. Latest removewat and loaders without lenovo key all pass well, except maybe old loaders.

17. billgates-suck

billgates-suck MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2010
    Yups, updates are possible at this time. But it's better to turn-off auto update just in case... :)

18. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    MSE installs WAT.

19. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    I'm proud to say I have been using MSE for over 5 months now with no problem. I activated Windows 7 using Daz's Loader. Atleast for now...LOL;)

20. CRA2YHAVOK

CRA2YHAVOK MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Hi, are you sure about this?

I'm running MSE build 1.0.1963.0 & still have the WAT update (KB971033) showing in WU (I've hidden it though).