Is their a way to install the hotfix for Bulldozer Processors?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Showbe, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Showbe

Showbe MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2012
    I use a cracked windows 7 and I read that their is a hotfix or update that will improve the performance of my FX-4100 Bulldozer processor. Is their a way to install this update/hotfix without losing my cracked windows activation?

2. Showbe

Showbe MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2012
    #3 Showbe, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
    (OP)
    I am not sure. My uncle installed it for me. He used this program I remember it had like 50 Companie logos and he selected Microsoft to install the key or crack. How can I find out?

Yes I beleive he used Windows Loader. I was told by him to turn off Windows Update. Is their a way to download the hotfix without using it?

Ok I downloaded the Hotfix and it says I cant use it on this computer it isnt applicable. Would that mean I need to download Service Pack 1? Is it safe for me download that service pack or would it check if I have a non genuine key

Well I beleive It is windows Loader he used. Should I download the updates through windows or get them on this site?

It used this download root. com / images / windows7_loader_16.j p g
    when he installed it it had that window. So I am assuming its windows loader. Should I download the updates through control panel or on this site

sorry it wont let me post images

3. Showbe

Showbe MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2012
    I am updating windows through windows update in control panel and removed the key validation update. Is this not service pack 1? The link you provided which download should I download to update my computer to sp 1? I dont have a DVD burner for the ISO so should I just download the other files?

Shouldnt the SP1 be included on all those files I downloaded on the windows update or is that just random hotfixes and not a SP1 update? I didnt see any thing that was as big as the SP1 update in the link you provided just a bunch of smaller files that was about 151 files.

I believe I cant update my hotfix for the bulldozer because I dont have SP1 so I am downloading all those updates in the control panel but I dont think it is an SP1 update.

4. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Do you have 32 bit or 64 bit? you should install SP1 before doing updates.

You will know if you right click on computer and and click properties. SP1 WILL NOT BE IN THOSE UPDATES. They are a complete waste of time. All of those updates are in SP1

Untitled1.jpg

5. Showbe

Showbe MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2012
    64 bit. I already did all those updates. It was required before SP1 showed up on my windows update. After they all installed I was allowed to download/install SP1 but while downloading a pop up saying I wasnt able to install it. A link brought me to the microsoft site saying something about security essentials not being up to date so I downloaded that.

In the process of trying to install SP1. It is downloading right now. I am hoping it installs this time since I updated the security essentials and un disabled the service in my Msconfig.

Also Microsoft Security Essentials pointed out that the Windows Loader has a virus? I just ignored it but is that any reason to be alarmed? I downloaded the one you linked me to in Daz's post.

6. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Its going to flag it as a virus because it is a false positive. I really dont see what MSE has anything to do with SP1. You should have just downloaded SP1 from MS and ignored those updates. trust me, you did not need them. SP1 popped up on the list because that was the next available update after all of those; MS does everything half-assed. SP1 would have installed all of those updates for you.